Government Arts College (GACBE), Coimbatore was established by the British Government in the year 1852. The College was declared as an autonomous in 1987. Government Arts College is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The College offers undergraduate (B.Sc, BA, B.Com) and postgraduate (M.Sc, MA, M.Com, MCA) courses in different fields. GACBE is affiliated to Bharathiar University.
GACBE is located at Government Arts College Road, Gopalapuram, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Coimbatore Junction is 2.3 km away and will take around 10 minutes to reach the College by cab. Coimbatore International Airport is around 10.4 km away from the College. Students can take a bus or a cab to reach Government Arts College.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- GACBE is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): NCC encourages the cadets (boys and girls) to join the defense forces and to be the disciplined citizen of the country.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Eco Club: This Club works to create awareness about the environment in every individual and motivate people to take more care of nature.
gacbe Courses & Fees
gacbe Admissions 2021
Government Arts College (GACBE), Coimbatore offers B.Sc, BA, B.Com, M.Sc, MA, M.Com courses. The admission process is mentioned below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Sc/BA/B.Com):
- Candidates have to visit the official website.
- They have to fill an application form for admission to the College.
- Admission will be done on the basis of the merit of 12th examination.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Sc/MA/M.com):
- Candidates have to fill an application form for admission to the College.
- Admission will be done on the basis of the merit of bachelor's examination.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
PG [3 Years Program(s)]
Government Arts College offers various infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as hostel, canteen, auditorium, computer training centre, etc. Other facilities like cooperative store, infotech hall, divyangjan, museum, green house, research database, instrumentation centre, etc are also available for the students.
- Hostel:The Institute has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Dining and mess facilities are also provided to the hostel students.
- Canteen: Canteen facility is available at the college premises that serves hygienic food to the students and faculty at a reasonable rate.
- Auditorium: The Institute has a fully air conditioned and a well equipped auditorium with audio visual facilities. It can be used for conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Computer Training Centre: The Institute has computer laboratory for every department for the students so that they can have practical knowledge of what they learn.
Questions related to gacbe
what is the needed cut off for bsc psychology OBC category in government arts college Coimbatore
The application process for Government Arts College, Coimbatore is conducted through Bharathiar University in both offline and online mode.
|B.Sc||2,075 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|BA||2,055 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|BBA||2,055 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
ALL THE BEST
gacbe Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council