Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia was established in the year 1996. The institute is also known as HIT Haldia. Earlier in the year 1996 the institution was affiliated to Vidyasagar University later on in the year 2001, it got affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT). The institute is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi. Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to the students.
Haldia Institute of Technology is located at P.O HIT, HIT College Road, Kshudiram Nagar, Haldia, West Bengal. Haldia is around 1 km away from the college. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is around 135 km away and SBSTC Bus Depot is around 3 km away from the institution. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
HIT Haldia is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
It is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
The institute has the following collaborations:
- Lincoln University College, Malaysia
- Ming Chi University, Taiwan
- Infosys Campus Connect
- Tech Mahindra
- Mysore University
- Engineering Council of India(ECI)
- Vidyasagar University
- IACS, Kolkata
- IIEST, Shibpur
- Visva Bharati University
- Dibrugarh University
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
Youth Red Cross: The vision of the Youth Red Cross is to become a leading humanitarian organization serving vulnerable people. The members of the club regularly take part in the various events and promote humanitarian services in society.
Ncc: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Photography Club: The Photography Club of the college provides a platform for budding photographers to showcase their photography talent.
Music Club: The members of this Club organise various musical events and programmes for the students and it provides a platform to the students to showcase their musical talent.
Eco Club: The members of this Club work to create awareness about the environment in every individual and motivate people to take more care of nature.
Science Club: The Science Club of Haldia Institute of Technology has members interested in gaining scientific knowledge and promote interest in the field of science and helps in increasing the scientific knowledge amongst students.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 3.51 Lakhs
- Seats: 180 Seats
- Total Fees: 3.51 Lakhs
- Seats: 180 Seats
- Total Fees: 3.51 Lakhs
- Seats: 180 Seats
- Total Fees: 3.51 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 15 Sep 2021 and the score is 3.31 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to the students in the field of engineering. Admission to B.Tech is offered by HIT on the basis of West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board followed by participation in WBJEE counselling. The institute also accepts JEE Main scores for admission to B.Tech. Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia offers admission to M.Tech course on the basis of West Bengal University of Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal. For MBA, candidates have to appear for JEMAT conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal or MAT conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). For admission to MCA course in HIT candidates have to appear and qualify West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board conducts the Common Joint Entrance Examination conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. The detailed admission procedure of all the courses offered by Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia are given below.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks secured in the WBJEE Exam.
- Candidates meeting the cut off requirement have to register for WBJEE Counselling.
- Further, the aspirants have to participate in the counselling process for choice filling, choice locking and seat allotment.
- Final admission will be based on the rank secured, participation in the counselling process, choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Through JEE Main
- Candidates have to apply and appear for JEE Main
- Candidates have to pass the Joint Entrance Examination-Main (JEE-Main) Examination.
- Based on their score in JEE Main, they have to apply for admission to the college.
- Selection takes place on the basis of the merit list, participation in the counselling process, choice filling by the candidates, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for West Bengal University of Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal.
- Based on the marks secured in PGET, a merit list will be prepared wherein candidates with a valid GATE score will be given preference.
- Based on the merit list, candidates have to participate in the counselling process.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of merit, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for JEMAT conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal.
- A cut off list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured, a cutoff list will be prepared.
- Candidates meeting the cutoff requirement have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- On the basis of marks secured in the GD and PI candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in theJEMAT counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on merit, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for MAT conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA).
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of MAT score.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the Writing test (WAT), GD, and PI.
- Further, candidates have to participate in the counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on MAT scores, WAT, GD, PI and participation in the counselling process.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for Common Joint Entrance Examination conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board.
- Further, on the basis of rank secured in the WB JECA, candidates have to participate in the counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on the rank secured, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Computer Application and IT (M.C.A.)
Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia has adequate infrastructure like a library which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Seminar Hall and Auditorium: HIT Haldia has a seminar hall and auditorium which is used in organising events and activities for the students.
- Computing Centre: The institute has a Computing Centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
Very good experience
A place to Explore and Learn
Last Seen: 17 Jul' 20
Joined On: 16 May' 19
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering
It's just ok.. Not best...
Questions related to Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia
What about the campasing in Haldia Institute of Technology in Chemical engineering?
College placement is average. If u r a brilliant sutdent and have got good cgpa u r surely gonna good job. since this college is located in Haldia and there are a lot of local and good companies like IOCL indian oil HDA and sone more companies so there is a good chance to get appointed there and also lots of mnc also come there like wipro, tcs etc.
- IT Firms- If you are interested in this sector,then u have a chance of not being a jobless. One Mass recruiter visits the campus like TCS, wipro, tech mahindra, IBM. 3–3.2 lpa along with other small start ups do visit.
- Core- Since last 3 yrs, (a)Haldia Petrochemicals have started recruiting from campus again.This is a purely plant Job and toppers are generally preferred for final selection. 5–5.5lpa. (b) Topchem Cement located at Meghalaya with 18–20k in hand.
Hope this helps!
All the best for your future.
what is the cutoff for computer science B.tech
You haven't mentioned your Category. Neverthless, in 2019 the cut offs for various Categories for CSE at Haldia Institute of Technology for WBJEE have been as follows:
General Category: 6257
For JEE Mains, it was 3822-41377 . So based on your Category, you will need atleast 80-90 percentile for a seat in this College. You can try our JEE Knockout package for JEE Mains preparation: https://learn.careers360.com/knockout-jee-main-april/
How I can crack MAKAUT WBUT CET exam for BBA admission? What book you recommend me? Can I complete that book within two or three weeks before exam by giving 3-4 hours per day? the syllabus is logical reasoning, numerical ability, general knowledge and english.
for general knowledge I suggest you to read bankers adda and any good gk book of banking exam, also you may brush up your knowledge of science subjects of 10th course for static gk problems. see only two or three week preparation you can not crack any exam with good score and ranking, since covid 19 many of the exams is delayed and it left quite a good time for preparation. I suggest you to follow iim ipmat exam books which has good number of questions,
IIM IPMAT Preparation Guide by Stalwart Career Institute
also you may follow disha experts books on quantitative, reasoning test.
How is MAKAUT CET syllabus? how should I prepare for that? any books or reference? How hard to crack it? how many candidates appeared average for every years? I am an SC student got 81% in WBCHSE board XII exam. so, predict my possibilities to get into makaut bsc data science? please response..
The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology will conduct the MAKAUT CET Exam 2020 in Offline mode. There will be 50 Questions in the MAKAUT WB CET Exam 2020. Candidates are given 90 minutes to complete the West Bengal CET Exam 2020. For every correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded which means WBUT CET Exam 2020 will be conducted for 100 marks. MAKAUT CET Exam 2020 consists of 5 Group but as you said you want to get into BSc data science which comes under group A.
For Group A(3 years Bachelor Degree Course),
you should have passed 10+2 in any stream. Candidates applying for admission in Group A should have English as one of the subjects at the 10+2 level.
Topics for Group A is General knowledge, logical reasoning, English, numerical ability.
These topic consists:-
1. General knowledge:
Important National Facts
Heritage and Arts
Diseases and Nutrition
Number of Players
Heritage and Arts
2. CET logical reasoning syllabus:-
Verification of truth of the Statement
Situation Reaction Test
Direction Sense Test
Alpha- Numeric Sequence Puzzle
Assertion and Reasoning
Operations of Mathematics
Sequential Output training
Test on Alphabets
Identical figure groupings
Forming figures and analysis
Construction of Squares and Triangles
Cubes and Dice
Completion Incomplete Pattern
Spotting embedded figures
3. MAKAUT CET syllabus - English
Idioms and Phrases
Fill in the blanks
Active and Passive Voice
Error Correction (Underlined Part)
Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
4. MAKAUT CET syllabus - numerical ability
Time and Work Partnership
Ratio and Proportion
Boats and Streams
Time and Distance
Problems on Trains
Races and Games
Numbers and Ages
Mixtures and Allegations
Permutations and Combinations
Problems on L.C.M and H.C.F
Pipes and Cisterns
Problems on Numbers
Indices and Surds
Odd Man Out
Profit and Loss
Simplification and Approximation
You can go for any logical reasoning based books for your preparation..
When I went to give my CET exam, I literally had no preparation. I just did some logical reasoning questions and that's it.
In CET , the level of questions are not so high and it can be solved easily. You can pass it easily.
MAKAUT Conducts CET in different phases –
#1. MAKAUT CET – I indicate the FIRST phase – It is usually conducted in April.
#2. MAKAUT CET – II indicates the SECOND phase – It is usually conducted in June. In phase l and ll, around 9k students sit for the exam.
#3. MAKAUT CET – III indicates the THIRD phase – It is usually conducted in August.
In this phase less numbers of students sit for the exam(approx 7-8k students).
As per your 12th result and your category, you can easily crack the exam and opt for your course. As you know, this exam is not so tough.
Sir, Please told 1st year 2nd semester best all books with author name for HIT (Haldia).
Hello dear student,
I understand you want to know the names of the books of this author but it seems you forgot to mention the course and the name of your college or university. So kindly mention the details properly so that we can help you with this. I hope you understand this
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 15 Sep 2021 ; CGPA : 3.31