Hd Jain College, Ara was established by Late Babu Har Prasad Das Jain in the year 1942 and was the first college first between Patna and Varanasi. The institute is named after Babu Harprasad Das Jain. Earlier, the institute was affiliated to Patna University and later on, it got affiliated to Bihar University and then it became the first constituent college of Magadh University and presently it is a constituent unit of Veer Kunwar Singh University Ara, Bihar. Hd Jain College is recognised by the University Grants Commission.
HD Jain College is located at East gate of HD Jain College, Arrah in Bihar. Ara Junction Railway Station is around 1 km away from the institute. Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport is approx 51 km away and BSRTC Bus Stand is around 1 km away from Hd Jain College.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Student Council: The Student Council represents the student body in all matters, maintains and enhances student life in all the relevant aspects such as academic and social areas. The council acts as a link between the faculty and the students of the college.
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces. Students are also given opportunities to be a part of national-level camps.
- Debating Club: This Club of Hd Jain College, Ara helps the students to hone their oratory skills and possess good communication skills. They participate in debates and discussion on various topics and voice their opinions and also share knowledge amongst them.
- Cultural Club: The cultural club of Hd Jain College, Ara organises various cultural programmes for the students and encourages them to be a part of it and it also addresses social issues through nukkad nataks.
- Eco Club: The members of this club work to conserve and protect the environment as it is sacred to everyone living on this planet and hence they contribute towards environment conservation.
Courses & Fees
Hd Jain College, Ara offers admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. Admission to these courses is based on the merit of the qualifying exam and further candidates meeting the cutoff requirement will have to participate in the counselling process. Hd Jain College, Ara admission process is mentioned below in details:
- Aspirants have to apply on the website of Hd Jain College.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam.
- A cut off list will be released by the institute and the candidates meeting the cutoff requirement will have to participate in the counselling process for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be offered to shortlisted candidates on the basis of the merit of the qualifying exam, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
Hd Jain College, Ara has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Library: The institute has a library that has a wide range of text and reference books for the students and is an ideal spot for book lovers.
- Sports: Hd Jain College, Ara provides sports facilities and encourages urges students to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Auditorium: Hd Jain College has an auditorium which is used in organising events and activities for the students.
- Seminar Hall: The seminar hall of the institute is used for conducting various activities, programmes, functions, guest lectures and workshops for the students.
- Auditorium: Hd Jain College, Ara has an auditorium which is used in organising events and activities for the students.
- Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
A lot for fun.
I just love my college and college facilities.
Good college for above average students.
Overall a good experience.
Questions related to HD Jain College, Ara
sir i passed out from APS Ferozepur in 2018 and took admission in HD jain college ara,bihar in 2019 but in 2020 I cancelled my admission from college and they given me college transfer certificate rather then school tranfer certificate without migration certificate sir is I am eligible for DU admiss
Hii there, if you got college transfer certificate then there might be no problem in admission procedure. But for convenience please contact the DU college via mail or contact anyone from administration if they can do something about this. The documents required for admission are mentioned in the site below:
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 29 Oct 2022 ; CGPA : 2.65