- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma) is a four-year full-time program that is the undergraduate level in pharmacy education course offered by Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) & Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
1. Application for admission to a course should be made in the prescribed application form which is available along with the prospectus.
2. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted. All the details furnished by the candidates in the application form should be accurate and correct.
3. Applications received after the due date will be summarily rejected.
4. The completed application must accompany a Postal Order/ DD for Rs. 300/- as registration fees.
5. Application for admission to the courses should be submitted to the principal of the Jaya College of Pharmacy & Paramedical only by Designation and NOT BY NAME.
6. Certificate of permanent residence should be produced by the candidates who have passed the HSC or their equivalent examinations from High Schools situated outside Tamil Nadu for considering them as a candidate belonging to Tamil Nadu. (note: The name of guardian should be mentioned only if both parents of the candidate are deceased.)
- Candidates belonging to all categories except Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes for admission to the Pharmacy Course should have obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany/ Zoology) at the qualifying examinations (Academic Stream) after a period of 12 years of study.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes, the minimum marks for admission shall be 40% in lieu of 50% for General Category.
- Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee the candidates will have to undergo a period of 1-year pre-professional training before admission to the Dental Colleges.
- The Pre-Professional/ Pre-Medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre-university or an equivalent examination. The Pre-Professional/ Pre-Medical examination shall include.
- Candidates who have studied abroad, the equivalency of qualification as determined by the Association of Indian Universities shall form the guidelines to determine the eligibility and should have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany/ Zoology) and English to the 12th Standard level with 50% marks aggregate.
- Age Limit for Admission. The candidates should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission (or) would complete the mentioned age on (or) before 31st December of the admission to the first year B.Pharm course.