About KG College Kottayam
Kuriakose Gregorios College, Kottayam was established as a tribute to the late lamented Kuriakose Mar Gregorios (Pampady Thirumeni), the saintly Metropolitan of the Kottayam Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Church in the year 1981. The institute is also known as KG College. KG College is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University. The institute is managed by the Corporate Management of Malankara Orthodox Church Colleges and is recognised by the University Grants Commission. KG College offers seven Undergraduate and three Postgraduate Programmes to the students.
Kuriakose Gregorios College, Kottayam is located at KG College Road, Pampady, in Kerala. Kottayam Railway Station is around 17 km away from KG College. Cochin International Airport is approximately 91 km away from college. Kuriakose Gregorios College is around 2 km away from Poraloor Bus Depot. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Youth Red Cross: The vision of the Youth Red Cross is to become a leading humanitarian organization serving vulnerable people. The members of the club regularly take part in the various events and promote humanitarian services in society.
- Debate Club: The Debating Club offers opportunities for students to logically explain their points of view and focus on one side of the argument.
- Nature Club: The members of this Club make continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connect with the society and communities at large.
- Music Club: The members of this Club organise various musical events and programmes for the students and it provides a platform to the students to showcase their musical talent.
- College Union: The College Union maintains and enhances student life in all the relevant aspects such as academic and social areas and represents the student body in all matters.
- Dance Club: Dance club is responsible for organising all the dance events at Auro University. It organises dance events in many forms.
- Quiz Club: The institution has a Quiz Club that has students having a curious nature who organises and participates in various quizzes.
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
- SPARTANS: The Men’s Club: KG College Kottayam works for their enrichment intellectually and emotionally and imbibe social values in them.
- Women’s Cell: This Cell works for the issues raised by women against sexual harassment and makes sure that there is no discrimination in the college on the basis of gender and empowers women.
KG College Kottayam Highlights
KG College Kottayam Courses & Fees
KG College Kottayam Admissions 2021
Undergraduate Programmes and Postgraduate Programmes
Admission through CAP system (Common Admission Procedure) conducted.
- Candidates have to apply and submit an online application for admission.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying exam, a rank list will be published.
- Further, candidates have to participate in the UG and PG Centralised Allotment Process separately.
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to the rank secured in the rank list.
- Final admission will be based on the merit, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
KG College Kottayam Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
KG College Kottayam Student Reviews
KG College Kottayam Facilities
Kuriakose Gregorios College, Kottayam has adequate infrastructure (like hostel, library, etc.) which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
- Guest Room
KG College Kottayam Gallery
KG College Kottayam Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 26 Nov 2022 ; CGPA : 2.81