|14 Jan, 2020||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
Master of Arts in Communication and Media Studies is a two-year full-time course and offered by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
Department of Communication and Media Studies of Marian College Kuttikkanam (Autonomous) is one of the youngest departments in the college. Spanning a journey of three years, this vibrant department has set examples on how effectively a journalistic career can be molded among the students through a judicious combination of theoretical framework and practical sessions, wherein the hands-on experience is given prime importance. The department offers MA in Communication and Media Studies, aiming at encouraging a habit of practice-based learning, endowing the students with a rich subset of talents that would help them excel in the field of mass media, public relations, new media, event management and advertising. The course inclusions travel through written examinations, research papers, practical work, project works, internships and viva-voce. The course is handled by experienced and erudite faculty members in the field of media academics.
- Selection of the students is made on the basis of merit list prepared and published by the college. The merit mark will be the cumulative score of the following.
- Entrance Examination: Candidates will be called for entrance examination conducted by the College consisting of objective type questions on Verbal Ability, Reasoning Ability, Vocabulary and language proficiency in English, General Knowledge and Current Affairs. Maximum marks allotted to the objective type test are 75 marks.
- Personal Interview: The candidates will be called for a Personal Interview after the entrance examination. Maximum marks allotted to the personal interview are 75 marks.
- Qualifying Examination: Marks scored in the qualifying examination will be considered for publishing the final selection list. Weightage given to marks scored in the qualifying exam would be 50 marks.
- Selection for the course will be on the basis of the cumulative marks scored in Entrance Examination, Personal interview, and qualifying examination.
- The final rank list will be prepared out of 200.
Any Bachelor’s degree from Mahatma Gandhi University or equivalent approved by the Mahatma Gandhi University with an aggregate of 50% (or CGPA of 2). SC/ST candidates need only a pass in the qualifying examination. SEBC and OEC candidates will be given a relaxation of 3% and 5 % respectively in the prescribed minimum marks.