- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Mysore, Mysore
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Mysore, Mysore.
B.Com is an undergraduate degree in commerce and related subjects. The course is designed to provide students with a wide range of skills and understanding in streams like finance, accounting, taxation and management. Graduates are equipped with practical skills, problem –solving, communication and interpersonal skills that provides foundations for lifelong learning. It provides students with the opportunities to pursue career in accounting, banking, financial sector and management, etc., in public/private sector as well as non-profit organization and Entrepreneurship. The course also prepare the students for higher education such as M.Com, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Chartered Accountant (CA) / Cost and Work Accountant (CWA) / Company Secretary (CS) etc.
- A candidate who has passed Pre-University Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination in any discipline is eligible to apply. A candidate who has passed 3 years diploma in commercial or secretarial practice conducted by the department of technical education, the government of Karnataka is eligible for admission to 3rd-semester B.Com./B.B.A. directly. However, such a candidate has to pass the languages and other compulsory papers viz., the constitution of India, and environmental studies of the first two semesters.
- A candidate who has passed 2 years diploma in business administration conducted by the department of technical education. The government of Karnataka is eligible for admission to 5th-semester B.B.A / B.Com. degree course subject to the condition that the candidate has to pass papers in languages and all compulsory papers of first four semesters B.B.A / B.Com.
- A candidate who has passed any job oriented course (JOC,10+2)/I.T.I.(10+2)/diploma in computer applications for the visually impaired(JSS Polytechnic for the differently-abled Institution) are eligible to join the first-semester B.A./B.com./B.B.A.
- Candidate has passed the following JOC (10+2) are eligible to join the first-semester degree program as detailed hereunder: