|NEET||02 May, 2021 (Tentative)||Exam | Mode: Offline|
|10 Dec, 2020||Application - Start Date | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5 Years
- Offered by: Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is five years full-time course offered by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur and approved by DCI.
Admission to all BDS seats is purely on the basis of merit. The criterion to prepare the merit list is by combining marks obtained by the candidates in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG).
ACADEMIC: As per the 'Dental Council of India BDS Course Regulation 2007', the applicant should have passed the qualifying examinations as under:
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education or a pass in plus two under the CBSE stream of syllabus.
- Note: Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of 1-year pre‐professional training before admission to the college
- The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University /Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The pre‐professional/pre‐medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre‐university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/premedical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry & Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a "University Examination" and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
- B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects ‐ Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry, and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
NATIONALITY: Candidates must be Citizens of India / children or dependents of Non-Resident Indians. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO}/ Overseas Citizen of India [OCI] will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission. However, JPIQ/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
AGE: Applicants shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the BDS Course.