- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok
Master of Science (M.Sc) in Medical Surgical Nursing is a two-year full-time program that is the postgraduate level in the nursing course offered by Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok and approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC).
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic BSc. Nursing with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be given.
- The candidate should have undergone BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic BSc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of experience in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- Post Basic BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of work experience prior or after in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- The candidate registered as “Registered Nurse”( & not Midwife) will not be eligible for specialization in “ Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing”
- Candidate shall be medically fit. The candidate, selected for admission in MSc. Nursing course shall have to submit a medical fitness certificate from a physician during the admission.
- Candidates who have obtained degree qualification of distance mode will not be eligible for admission
- The following criteria will be applied to foreign students seeking admission to MSc. Nursing course:
- Equivalency of the degree of the candidate is to be recognized/ validated by Indian Nursing Council
- The candidates must have no objection certificates from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.