Latest Update for Sona School of Management, Salem
- 2 days ago: MAT 2021 registration for PBT & CBT reopens for the June session. AIMA also adds two new slots for IBT mode.
- 5 days ago:
Check your MAT results for the May-June IBT exams by entering your roll number and registration number.
- 25 May 2021:
May-June MAT Exam Registrations Open Apply Online.
Sona School of Management, Salem Highlights
Sona School of Management, Salem Courses & Fees
Sona School of Management, Salem Placements
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
Sona School of Management, Salem Exams and Cutoffs
Sona School of Management, Salem Facilities
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Swimming Pool
- Alumni Associations
- Guest Room
Sona School of Management, Salem Gallery
Questions related to Sona School of Management, Salem
sona school of management salem
Please find below all relevant information about Sona School of Management:-
- Location - Salem, Tamil Nadu
- About - A part of Sona School of Technology, Sona School of Management established in 1998, is one of the best private institutions offering the MBA (Masters in Business Administration) program in Tamil Nadu. It aids in providing an overall education keeping both professional and personal development in mind. Sona School of Management has not only been approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), but it has also achieved NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) accreditation, NBA (National Board of Accreditation) accreditation and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification.
- Course structure - Sona School of Management offers the MBA program in affiliation with Anna University. It is a 2-year residential program and is conducted in a trimester pattern. All students must complete two internships, a summer internship for 45 days and a main project internship for 90 days as part of the curriculum.
- Infrastructure and other facilities - Well-connected with all major metro cities in India both by road and by rail, Sona School of Management has all modern infrastructural facilities. It has a wi-fi enabled campus, electronic library, blackboard teaching system, CMS and lecture capturing facility.
- There are several benefits offered by Sona School of Management including:-
- Collaboration with several industry professionals who regularly participate in guest lectures
- Scholarship is offered to students based on their merit
- An international study tour is organized to help students understand the global landscape,
- Live projects are arranged to get practical experience
- Mentors from the top IIMs, IITs and other academic bodies are invited to offer their help and support to the Sona School of Management students
- Guidance and necessary help is provided to those students who take up the specialization of Family Business Management, etc.
- As part of its MBA program, Sona School of Management allows its students to opt for any of the below six specializations:-
- Business Analytics
- Human Resources
- Productions and
- Family Business.
- Faculty - Presently 12 members including Dr. M. Selvaraj, Dr. P.K. Anjani, Dr. D. Immanuel, Dr. P. Praba Devi, Dr. N. Nithya, etc. are part of its regular faculty. It also has 3 visiting faculty comprising Shreyashi Chakraborty (FPM-IIM Calcutta), Pravin Chaudhary (Associate Director, City Logistics) and Arockia R (Associate Vice President, Deal Advisory, KPMG, India Private Limited).
- Eligibility criteria - Must have completed his/her Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Admission procedure - Students are shortlisted through the exams CAT (Common Admission Test), MAT (Management Aptitude Test), CMAT (Common Management Admission Test), GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test). Those who are able to clear the cutoffs of any of the exams move on to the next stage of admission. This includes one-minute extempore, psychometric test, WAT (Written Admission Test), GD (Group Discussion) and personal interview.
- Sona School of Management has several student-driven clubs. They are as follows:-
- Finance Club - Its objective is to help students understand financial concepts, financial systems and how financial markets operates. It helps organize various knowledgeable and fun-filled activities like debates, executive interactions,news analyses and presentations, group games, etc. It deals in topics like banking, share markets, corporate finance, insurance and several more. Its flagship competitions are Business Quiz, Stock War and IPL Auction.
- Marketing Club - Its objective to help the students with understanding various marketing concepts practically. It arranges various competitions and activities on a weekly basis to allow students to experience and better prepare for the actual job market. It also regularly updates regarding all recent events happening in the business world.
- HR Club - Its objective is to help the students prepare for the role of HR by providing practical knowledge and understanding in this area. It thus, shares news about all current trends in the world of HR. It also provides support to increase the efficiency and productivity of the HR students of Sona School of Management by making them more employable. The club also hones the creative snd innovative side of the students. It organizes various team building games for the above reasons.
- Production Club - Its objective is to help the students gain practical exposure and knowledge in the area of production and further build up their understanding of various production concepts by organizing interactions with industry/subject experts through guest lectures. It also conducts simulation games through workshops which further enhances the students' practical understanding.
- Awards won - Sona School of Management won the AICTE-CII award for Best Industry-Linked Technical Institute in India 2019. It has also won several other awards during its lifetime.
- Sona School of Management has been ranked as follows:-
- 29th pan India by Business India 2020.
- 12th pan India and 5th in Tamil Nadu by CSR 2019, etc.
- Placement - Its highly esteemed and aspirational recruiters include Amara Raja Batteries, Axis Bank, BNP Paribas, DBS, Decathlon, Emami, HCL, IDBI Insurance, Just Dial, Everest Industries, Oyo Rooms, Ramco Cements, Naukri, Reliance Securities, Amul, Weikfield, HDFC Asset Management, Zoho, etc. The highest international salary package was of over Rs. 20,00,000 per annum and the domestic salary packages ranged between Rs. 3,00,000 to 11,00,000 per annum.
Hope you find the above information useful.
All the best!!
Which college best for MBA with good Placements. Banari Amman Institute of technology or SONA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT?
You can get details information about which college is good on the basis of rank course or placement through the link
Here you can search any two colleges and you will get all the detailed information regarding college.
I hope this will help you out
Between ST.JOSEPH college, Chennai OMR and SONA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT. Which one has a very good Placement and academics for MBA?
Comparing the two colleges based on academics , they stand in par with each other, both the colleges try to give as much of technical education and offers a keen knowledge on business administration. But taking placement oppurtunities into account, Sona offers good placement oppurtunities and the basic salary that a student gets placed in is also high.
Some of the recruiters are
CITY UNION BANK
hope this helps
All the best
Which COLLEGE best for MBA WITH GOOD PLACEMENT among KCT BUSINESS SCHOOL, SONA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT AND SASTRA UNIVERSITY? PLZ RANK IT
According to me KCT Business school is the best MBA college which offers good placement. Placements can be called as the USP of KCT Business School. ITC, Coca-Cola, Zoho, Amazon, Colgate, E&Y are some the reputed companies that have visited the campus. The Salary ranged from 3.5L-12L with an average of 4.5L.
Whereas when we talk about sona school of management and Sastra university, the college placements are not that satisfactory. Although the college infrastructure is good but there is no guarantee that all the students will get placed.
All the best
Which college is best for MBA AND PLACEMENTS between SASTRA UNIVERSITY AND SONA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT?
Sona School of Management, Salem Related Articles
SONA School of Management Campus Life - Nowadays, aspirants have a varied o....
Institute: Sona School of Management, Salem, Tamil Nadu Sona School of Mana....
Institute: SONA School of Management, SalemSona School of Management is l....
Institute: Sona School of Management, SalemSona School of Management is l....
Sona School of Management, Salem Latest News
NEW DELHI: Sona School of Management (SSoM) released applications form for ....
NEW DELHI - The Sona School of Management, Salem, Tamil Nadu has announced ....
Sona School of Management, Salem Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college has a Boys hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students. Room and board are available at the hostel. Each room has a table, chair, cot, and fan. A sprawling new international hostel complex is emerging at a cost of rupees 20 million besides the existing one along with a world-class swimming pool.
The college has a Girls hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students. Room and board are available at the hostel. Each room has a table, chair, cot, and fan. A sprawling new international hostel complex is emerging at a cost of rupees 20 million besides the existing one along with a world-class swimming pool.
The library is housed in an independent building of 252.18 square Meter spread across two levels abutting the mezzanine floor and fully computerized. Its collection comprises predominantly literature on Business, Management, and the allied areas. Resource development policies and services are mandated by the Institute's teaching; research and learning objectives. In addition to circulation and acquisition services, the library provides reference, photocopying and scanning services to members. Documents, which are not available in the SSML, are sourced from other major institutions and DELNET in the country through a robust inter-library loan arrangement. Students, alumni and faculty can all access the library from 9 A.M to 6 P.M. a day to use the computer &Wi-fi facilities to find a quiet place to study and explore all management resources. Besides we have the Central Library has a collection of over 89,076 documents covering all disciplines. It includes books, back volumes, standards, atlases, audio/video cassettes, CD-ROMs. The Central Library receives 214 journals / Magazines Indian and Foreign. The Central Library is a member of DELNET. This gives you access to books and resource material not available on the campus library. E-Journal -The Library has above 17032 volumes and 36 Journals on Management program. Plus Videocassettes and CD-ROMs on Management.NPTEL Video Courses are available on the campus LANNational and International Journals, handbooks. A leased line Internet connection.DELNET & IIMB - Institutional Member Visitors have access to 36-terminals at the library to browse the Internet at a blazing speed of 100 Mbps leased line. Newspaper Clipping ServiceBook Bank Service
The college has a laboratories facility for the students.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar.
The college has a canteen facility for staff and students.
The college has a health center with a first aid facility for the students.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
The college has separate fitness facilities for girl students. Power gym cycle Twister Power Stepper Common Gym: Power Gym Cycle Twister Multi Exer Bench with leg curl and lat pull Push-up bar Squat Stand Rowing Machine Dumbbells-Steel Power Stepper Tread Mill Magnetic-Manual Weight Plates Rack Weight Dumbbells Rac
Outdoor Games - Facilities to play Football, Hockey, Tennis, Cricket, Basketball or Badminton. Indoor Games - Play Table Tennis, Carom or Chess in the recreation hall. A martial arts class Karate or Silambam or Yoga class.
The college has good networking for the alumni association.
The college has guest house/waiting room facilities for visiting faculty and student family members.
The college has a Swimming Pool facility for the students.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: