Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi was established by the Sri Kaliswari Trust in the year 2000 with the approval of the Government of Tamilnadu. The institution is also known as SKC Sivakasi. SKC Sivakasi is affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University and is a self-financing institute. In the year 2012, the college conferred the autonomous status and is recognised by the University Grants Commission under 2(f) (1st June 2006) and 12(B) (4th October 2010). Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi offers 15 Undergraduate Programmes, 9 Postgraduate Programmes and 5 Research Programmes to the students.
Sri Kaliswari College is located at Virudhunagar Main Road, Sivakasi in Tamil Nadu. Tiruttangal
Railway Station is around 6 km away from the college. Madurai Airport is 64 km away and Tamt Bus Depot is around 5 km away from the institute. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditation and Collaborations:
- Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
SKC Sivakasi has the following collaborations:
Virudhunagar District Cluster of Colleges, joint Faculty Programme in Mathematic
Virudhunagar District Cluster of Colleges, joint Faculty Programme in Commerce
Virudhunagar District Cluster of Colleges, joint Faculty Programme in English
Virudhunagar District Cluster of Colleges, joint Faculty Programme in Physics
ICT Academy of Tamilnadu
Institute of Company Secretaries of India, Madurai (ICWA)
Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Madurai, Tamilnadu
Mothi Marketing China Thathampatti
Rovan Software Solutions (P) Ltd, Sivakasi
Physio Plus Tech, Sivakasi
Shristee Animax, Sivakasi
Redington Elite Smart Learning Centre
Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore
Flash ID Technologies, Madurai
AARAA Web technologies, Madurai
Srimax Software Solutions, Sivakasi
P.A Swami Aquarium Ornamental Fish Culture
Sakthi Vermicompost industries, Sanampatti Madurai
Institute of Cost Accountants of India
ICT Academy of Tamilnadu
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Youth Red Cross: The vision of the Youth Red Cross is to become a leading humanitarian organization serving vulnerable people. The members of the club regularly take part in the various events and promote humanitarian services in society.
- Rotaract Club: It provides an opportunity for young men and women to serve the community and develop themselves.
- JAYCEES Club: This Club SKC Sivakasi promotes religious, cultural, youth and sports activities and enhances the leadership skills of the students.
- Extension Services Cell: This Cell works for the upliftment of the rural section and helps them in making awareness about their rights and be socially responsible.
- Youth Club: This Club focuses on the overall development of the students and encourages them to participate in social awareness activities.
- Consumer Club: This Club educates and spreads awareness about consumer rights and the responsibilities of consumers and provides knowledge about the redressal of our grievances.
- Human Rights Club: This Club of SKC Sivakasi works for the betterment and upliftment of the weaker section of the society and empowers them and creates awareness about human rights.
- Health Club: The Health Club of the college works for the physical and mental well being of the students and organises health awareness programmes and spreads awareness about health and hygiene.
- Science Communication Club: This Club has members interested in gaining scientific knowledge and promote interest in the field of science and helps in increasing the scientific knowledge amongst students.
- Red Ribbons Club: This Club supports people living with HIV/AIDS and helps them to identify their ray of hope.
- Eco & Exnora Club: The members of this Club work to create awareness about the environment in every individual and motivate people to take more care of nature.
- Humour Club: This Club reduces the tension among the students as laughter is the best medicine and heals everything and hence this club through its activities creates a positive environment that increases the productivity and proficiency of the students.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell: This Cell provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas and helps them in becoming successful entrepreneurs in the future.
- Quiz Club:This is the Quiz Club of Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi that has students having a curious nature who organises and participates in various quizzes.
- Yoga and Meditation Club: The members of this club perform yoga and meditation for their physical and mental well being.
- Fine Arts Club: This Club promotes fine arts and provides a platform for the students to showcase their creative skills in the field of art.
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Admission
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi offers 15 Undergraduate Programmes, 9 Postgraduate Programmes and 5 Research Programmes to the students. Admission to undergraduate programmes is offered on the basis of the merit of the qualifying exam. For postgraduate programmes, admission is based on an entrance test conducted by the SKC Sivakasi. Document verification and fee payment is the last and final stage of Sri Kaliswari College admission process and admission is confirmed once the documents are verified and the requisite fee is paid. Sri Kaliswari College admission process is given below in details:
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of the college.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying exam, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Final admission will be offered to the shortlisted candidates on the basis of merit, document verification and fee payment.
Postgraduate and Research Programme
- Eligible candidates have to apply online on the website of the college.
- Candidates have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the college.
- Candidates who qualify the entrance test will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the interview.
- Candidates have to qualify for the interview round.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of merit of the entrance test, performance in the interview, document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi has adequate infrastructure like library which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
Cooperative Stores: The institute has Consumer Co-operative stores functioning inside the premises of the institution in order to help the students of the college to purchase the day to day requirements at a reasonable price.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
Transportation: The institute provides bus services to the students, staff and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
Facilities for Divyangjan: The college ensures disabled friendly physical infrastructure. They provide special facilities like ramp facility, wheel chair facility to them for their ease and convenience.
Canteen: The college has a canteen that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Auditorium, conference hall and seminar halls: Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi has an auditorium, seminar halls and conference halls which are used in organising events and activities for the students.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 27 Mar 2024 ; CGPA : 3.11