About Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi was established by the Sri Kaliswari Trust in the year 2000 with the approval of the Government of Tamilnadu. The institution is also known as SKC Sivakasi. SKC Sivakasi is affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University and is a self-financing institute. In the year 2012, the college conferred the autonomous status and is recognised by the University Grants Commission under 2(f) (1st June 2006) and 12(B) (4th October 2010). Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi offers 15 Undergraduate Programmes, 9 Postgraduate Programmes and 5 Research Programmes to the students.
Sri Kaliswari College is located at Virudhunagar Main Road, Sivakasi in Tamil Nadu. Tiruttangal
Railway Station is around 6 km away from the college. Madurai Airport is 64 km away and Tamt Bus Depot is around 5 km away from the institute. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditation and Collaborations:
- Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
SKC Sivakasi has the following collaborations:
Virudhunagar District Cluster of Colleges, joint Faculty Programme in Mathematic
Virudhunagar District Cluster of Colleges, joint Faculty Programme in Commerce
Virudhunagar District Cluster of Colleges, joint Faculty Programme in English
Virudhunagar District Cluster of Colleges, joint Faculty Programme in Physics
ICT Academy of Tamilnadu
Institute of Company Secretaries of India, Madurai (ICWA)
Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Madurai, Tamilnadu
Mothi Marketing China Thathampatti
Rovan Software Solutions (P) Ltd, Sivakasi
Physio Plus Tech, Sivakasi
Shristee Animax, Sivakasi
Redington Elite Smart Learning Centre
Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore
Flash ID Technologies, Madurai
AARAA Web technologies, Madurai
Srimax Software Solutions, Sivakasi
P.A Swami Aquarium Ornamental Fish Culture
Sakthi Vermicompost industries, Sanampatti Madurai
Institute of Cost Accountants of India
ICT Academy of Tamilnadu
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Youth Red Cross: The vision of the Youth Red Cross is to become a leading humanitarian organization serving vulnerable people. The members of the club regularly take part in the various events and promote humanitarian services in society.
- Rotaract Club: It provides an opportunity for young men and women to serve the community and develop themselves.
- JAYCEES Club: This Club SKC Sivakasi promotes religious, cultural, youth and sports activities and enhances the leadership skills of the students.
- Extension Services Cell: This Cell works for the upliftment of the rural section and helps them in making awareness about their rights and be socially responsible.
- Youth Club: This Club focuses on the overall development of the students and encourages them to participate in social awareness activities.
- Consumer Club: This Club educates and spreads awareness about consumer rights and the responsibilities of consumers and provides knowledge about the redressal of our grievances.
- Human Rights Club: This Club of SKC Sivakasi works for the betterment and upliftment of the weaker section of the society and empowers them and creates awareness about human rights.
- Health Club: The Health Club of the college works for the physical and mental well being of the students and organises health awareness programmes and spreads awareness about health and hygiene.
- Science Communication Club: This Club has members interested in gaining scientific knowledge and promote interest in the field of science and helps in increasing the scientific knowledge amongst students.
- Red Ribbons Club: This Club supports people living with HIV/AIDS and helps them to identify their ray of hope.
- Eco & Exnora Club: The members of this Club work to create awareness about the environment in every individual and motivate people to take more care of nature.
- Humour Club: This Club reduces the tension among the students as laughter is the best medicine and heals everything and hence this club through its activities creates a positive environment that increases the productivity and proficiency of the students.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell: This Cell provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas and helps them in becoming successful entrepreneurs in the future.
- Quiz Club:This is the Quiz Club of Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi that has students having a curious nature who organises and participates in various quizzes.
- Yoga and Meditation Club: The members of this club perform yoga and meditation for their physical and mental well being.
- Fine Arts Club: This Club promotes fine arts and provides a platform for the students to showcase their creative skills in the field of art.
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Highlights
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Courses & Fees
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Admissions
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Admission
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi offers 15 Undergraduate Programmes, 9 Postgraduate Programmes and 5 Research Programmes to the students. Admission to undergraduate programmes is offered on the basis of the merit of the qualifying exam. For postgraduate programmes, admission is based on an entrance test conducted by the SKC Sivakasi. Document verification and fee payment is the last and final stage of Sri Kaliswari College admission process and admission is confirmed once the documents are verified and the requisite fee is paid. Sri Kaliswari College admission process is given below in details:
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Facilities
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi has adequate infrastructure like library which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Banks Facilities
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Gallery
Sri Kaliswari College, Sivakasi Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college has a departmental based laboratories facility for the students.
The college has sports facilities for all students.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
Sri Kaliswari College has more than 25 Buses which are made available to the students and the faculty members for commuting from various points in the city and also from the suburbs like Virudhunagar, Tirumanagalam, Sivakasi, Srivilliputhur, Rajapalayam, Sattur, Aruppukottai, Peraiyur, Aalangulam, Vembakottai to the campus and back. Our bus facilities enable the students safer travel. For the benefit of those students who are attending special classes, using Internet facility, Library etc., special buses to limited destinations are arranged every day which leave the campus at 5.30 p.m.
The College provides hostel facilities for the students who hail from long distance. Our hostel provides a homely environment for the inmates. Each room is provided with tube lights, fans, and cots. Each floor of the hostel has separate bathroom and toilet facilities. A hygienic kitchen with modern facilities like gas cooking, boiler cooking, and purified drinking water supply is available in the hostel. Both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian meals are served separately. For the recreation of the inmates, an audio system and TV are made available. To maintain a healthy body and mind, indoor games and outdoor games are available within the hostel. Following facilities are provided in the Hostel-Exclusive uninterrupted study room for students after college hours-Uninterrupted power supply, separate Generator for Students-Facility with ATM counters-Medical facility available with free medicines provided to sick students-Mineral water provided to all the students.
The College provides hostel facilities for the students who hail from long distance. Our hostel provides a homely environment to the inmates. Each room is provided with tube lights, fans and cots. Each floor of the hostel has separate bathroom and toilet facilities. A hygienic kitchen with modern facilities like gas cooking, boiler cooking, and purified drinking water supply is available in the hostel. Both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian meals are served separately. For the recreation of the inmates an audio system and TV are made available. To maintain a healthy body and mind, indoor games and outdoor games are available within the hostel. Following facilities are provided in the Hostel. -Exclusive uninterrupted study room for students after college hours. -Uninterrupted power supply, separate Generator for Students. -Facility with ATM counters. -Medical facility available with free medicines provided to sick students. -Mineral water provided to all the students. -Separate rooms with internet connectivity is available which enrich the students to do their projects and assignments.
The college has a Gymnasium facility for the students.
College library is a rich resort of knowledge. The College library has a collection of about 28, 280 books. It subscribes to 31 Journals out of which 7 are International Journals and 31 National Journals, 65 Magazines and 4 Tamil and 4 English Newspapers. The Audio-visual section has 1309 compact discs and 81 cassettes. The total number of books added during the current year was 1687 books. The library is fully automized and the transactions are made only through the computers. Online public access catalog is available. Internet facility is available in the library and the students have easy access to it. Reprographic facility is available on paying a nominal amount of 1.00 Rupee per page. Interlibrary Loan is possible as our library is a member of Developing Library Network (DELNET), National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (NLIST), National Digital Library (NDL), Circulation service is offered daily from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. Reference service is available from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. User Orientation process is undertaken. Current Affairs awareness is updated regularly through clipping service.
The college has the Well-furnished Classroom facility available on the campus.
The college has the Banks/ATM facilities for all students.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 27 Mar 2024 ; CGPA : 3.11