About St Joseph's College, Darjeeling
St. Joseph's College (SJC Darjeeling), Darjeeling started functioning in the year 1888 as a part of St. Joseph's School. In the year 1963, the College moved to its present location. The College was founded and is managed by Darjeeling Jesuits of North Bengal (DJNB). St. Joseph's College offers undergraduate (BA, B.Sc, B.Com, BCA, BBA) and postgraduate (MA) courses in various domains. Initially, SJC Darjeeling was affiliated to Calcutta University. From 1962, it is affiliated to the University of North Bengal.
St. Joseph's College is located at North Point, Darjeeling, West Bengal. Darjeeling Railway Station is 3.2 km away and Bagdogra International Airport is 72.9 km away from the College. Students can take a taxi or a bus to reach the Institute. SJC Darjeeling has a good connectivity with all modes of transport.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- St. Joseph's College is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Film Club: It provides an option for students and faculty to take a break from their work and spend some quality time with their colleagues.
- NSS: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Nature Club: This Club is dedicated to nature and various activities like planting trees, nature quizzes, etc are conducted.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
- Music Club: This Club imparts musical knowledge to the students who are interested in music. Guitarists, keyboard players, bassists, drummers, violinists, and vocalists are part of this club.
- Sports Club: This club helps students achieve a healthier lifestyle cope with a studious environment. St. Joseph's College has various centres for physical education and sports activities to help students maintain physical fitness. It has numerous outdoor playgrounds and indoor courts are spread over a vast area.
- Current Affairs Club: This Club is responsible for conducting quizzes and debates on different topics. It covers various topics like current affairs, civic issues, health, etc.
- Management Club: This Club deals with all the management related activities and issues. It also aims to keep current developments in the field of finance and focuses on research areas such as financial markets, instruments, regulations, etc.
- Cultural Club: The College has a cultural club that organises various activities and events like dance, yoga, music, etc.
- Information and Technology Club: The members of this club organise various events and workshops related to IT. This club is for students who are technology enthusiasts.
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling Highlights
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling Courses & Fees
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling Admissions
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling Admission Details:
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling offers admission to the undergraduate (BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BCA, BBA) and postgraduate (MA) courses in various areas. Admission to the courses will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the qualifying examination. The detailed admission process is given below:
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling Placements
Management and Business Administration (B.B.A)
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling Facilities
St. Joseph's College Darjeeling has various infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as a separate hostel for boys and girls, library with a collection of books and journals, counselling centre to help students, and laboratory to give them hand-on-experience, etc.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
- Parking Facility
- Guest Room
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling Gallery
Questions related to St Joseph's College, Darjeeling
what is the minimum cutoff in b.com and b.com hounrs
St Joseph’s college is among the top commerce college in India.the Cutoff will depend on the board you are studying in class 12th. I don’t know perfectly but i will give you a idea of cutoff according to various boards.
CBSE - 95% - 96%
ICSE - 91% - 92%
Andhra Board - 96% - 97%
Karnataka PU - 94%
But If you’re a Christian and your percentage is above 80, your name will usually be put up on the notice board. However, highest preference is given to Roman Catholics.
Hope it helps!
St Joseph's College, Darjeeling Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college has a boy’s hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a girl’s hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The College Library has more than 50,000 volumes and subscribes to a number of professional journals. The library is open on all working days from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., except for lunch break (12 noon to 1:00 p.m.) and from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Saturdays. Library membership is given to the first-year students when they receive the college identity cards. The members of the college alumni/ae association are allowed to use the reference section of the library with the prior permission of the Principal.
The college has sports facilities for all students.
The college has an excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
The college has a canteen facility for staff and students.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminars.
The college has good networking for the alumni association.
The college has guest house/waiting room facilities for visiting faculty and student family members.
The college has a departmental-based laboratories facility for the students.
The college has a Gym facility for the students.
The college has a parking facility for the students.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council