About St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad
St. Xavier’s College (SXCA) is an autonomous institute of higher education. It was established in 1955. The college is affiliated to Gujarat University and managed by the Gujarat Province of Society of Jesus. The college offers UG and PG courses in Humanities, Commerce, Sciences and BCA. As per NIRF ranking 2021, St. Xavier's College has been ranked 57th in the college category while, in 2020, the college was ranked 59th in the same category.
|Degree Colleges in Ahmedabad||Top B.E./B.Tech Colleges in Ahmedabad |
|Top Engineering Colleges in Ahmedabad ||Top B.Sc. Degree Colleges in Ahmedabad|
Location: St.Xavier’s College is located at Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It is about 13 km from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport and 6km from Ahmedabad Junction and GSRTC Central Bus Depot
Collaborations: St. Xavier’s College has the following collaborations:
St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia, USA
Marquette University, Wisconsin, USA
Sophia University, Japan
- According to NIRF rankings 2021, the college has been ranked 57th with an overall score of 54.4 in the college category.
- As per NIRF ranking 2020, the college was ranked 59th in the college category.
Clubs and Committees:
The clubs and committees of the St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad, promote extracurricular activities among the students and help them in academics. It also helps them in personality development and career counselling. Various clubs of the college make the students aware of social issues and make them involved in it by taking an active part in it.
- Tarumitra: The aim of this club of SXCA is to protect the trees and all the aspects of the environment. Students who participate in the club actively take part in planting trees, preserving the felling of trees, consulting for tree planting and environmental activism.
- Career Cell: The college makes students constantly aware of the changing trends and demands of the industry so as to equip them with the highest level of potential for cracking the tough selection procedures.
- Cultural Cell: The cultural cell of SXCA works towards keeping the college vibrant with passion and energy around the year, by organizing various events.
- Student Cell for Quality (SCQ): The cell ensures quality education. The Committees of the cell do follow up on various aspects such as a library, co-curricular, discipline, environment, student welfare, sports, planning and development of the college.
- SC-ST Cell - Jagrat: The cell of SXCA provides an environment that supports diversity and respects everyone regardless of colour, religious belief or cultures. It ensures the protection of everyone including minorities and acts as per the provisions of the constitution of India.
- Women Cell - Urja: This cell of SXCA was established to address the practical issues related to the welfare of and equal opportunities for women faculty members, staff and students.
- Counselling Cell: The counselling cell of SXCA facilitates academic, emotional, social and cognitive development of the student and empowers them in their learning and personal development.
- NCC: The NCC of SXCA recruits students of both genders for their Army, Navy and Air Wings. Students have received high honours in each of these cadets and they have represented at National Camps or the Republic Day Parade in Delhi and have gone abroad on the Youth Exchange Programme.
- NSS: The NSS of SXCA provides students with training in leadership. The various activities conducted by the NSS develop the human side of the student’s personality.
- Personal Growth-Oriented Programme: This is a three-year programme of SXCA which runs with three different and interconnected themes. The first-year theme is “I am a gift”. The second-year theme is “ You are a gift” and the third-year programme focuses on the relationship.
- Utkarsh (Divyangjan): The cell provides opportunities to physically and visually challenged students.
- Xavier Industrial Chemistry Unit: The unit gives experiential learning to students of Industrial Chemistry. The unit produces colourful candles, detergents and other cleaning agents as an outcome of their classroom learning. Many of the students of this unit have begun their own startups.
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Highlights
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Courses & Fees
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Admissions
The admission process of SXCA for UG and PG courses in Humanities, Commerce, BCA and Sciences:
- The candidates need to apply online at the official website of St. Xavier’s College.
- Admissions are offered based on the score in the qualifying examination.
- The Merit list of the qualified students will be displayed on the notice board.
- Shortlisted candidates have to visit the college and complete the admission process.
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Student Reviews
So far my experience has been good.
Last Seen: 27 Aug' 20
Joined On: 27 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Sciences
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of 2021
- M.Sc Biotechnology Self Finance
Pretty much okay so far
Best formative years of my life
Amazing syllabus, no practical knowledge
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Facilities
The St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad has a facility of a library which has an eclectic collection of books. The various science departments of the college are equipped with the laboratories.
|St Xavier's College Admissions||St Xavier's College Reviews|
|St Xavier's College Courses and Fees||St Xavier's College Placements|
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
- Guest Room
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Gallery
Questions related to St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad
In St. Xaviers college, Ahmedabad, is bachelor in statistics course available?If available then what was its cut off in the year 2019?
St.Xavier's College in Ahmedabad offers B.Sc in Statistics which concentrates on broad based, flexible educational pathways, emphasizing the theoretical, practical, or computational aspects of probability and statistics. It is a three-year long course over six semesters.
The applications for courses in Statistics are to be submitted online, via their official website. The admission will be granted to students in the basis of merit.
Students who have passed the Gujarat HSC Board Examination are eligible for admission. Students who have passed from other Boards may apply for admission only after having obtained a Provisional Eligibility Certificate from Gujarat University. Candidates are admitted on the basis of their marks at the qualifying examination, and a personal interview with the Principal and/or his delegates.
Hope this helps you. We wish you the best for your future endeavours!
Im a science student of A group, can I do bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics and economics together
msc mathamaticsus available or not
yes , st xavious college ahmedabad has 2 years master degree course in mathematics, the prerequisite criteia for this course is candidate should have an undergraduate degree in mathematics with 60% marks. ]I have shared the official website link of st.xaviours college. you may get more details about admission process.
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the NIRF ranking 2021 of St Xavier's College?
According to NIRF ranking 2021, the college has been ranked 57th in the college category.
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Related Articles
“Our education is a blend of traditional and modern innovative methodologies”: Dr Robert Arockiasamy
Some of the factors responsible for the good ranking (in top 100) of St Xav....
St Xavier's College, Ahmedabad Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college has a boy’s hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a girl's hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has Gym facility for the students.
A library and a reading room are at the disposal of the students which are filled with a wide range of periodicals and magazines of Indian and foreign publication to provide them with up-to-date knowledge.
400mts Running Track, Long Jump Pit, Football ground, Football ground, Basketball court, Tennis court, Cricket ground, Volleyball court.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
The college has a canteen facility for staff and students.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar.
The college has a good networking for the alumni association.
The college has departmental based laboratories facility for the students.
The college has guest house/waiting room facilities for visiting faculty and student family members.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council