- Learn the best design strategies to build an addictive game
- Inspiring engagement is critical for a game to produce revenue in the long-term
- The designing game difficulty, & including competition and social networks to get players more involved
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Udacity’s Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games online programme aims to teach you about monetisation strategy in video games. You will learn how to build monetisation into a game’s fabric at the outset of its development process.
The Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games online course by Udacity describes the impact of a monetisation strategy on game design. You will learn the skills to create an engaging game to make your project noticeable in the bustling video game field.
During the Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games training, you will observe the most successful freemium and premium games. The Amazon Appstore offers this free online course to teach you how to programme and utilise mobile advertisements in your game.
The three-week-long Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games programme by Udacity includes rich learning content. During this beginner-level course, you will explore the methods to create aesthetically appealing, well-built and rewarding mobile games.
- 3-weeks course
- Beginner skill level
- Online format
- Self-paced learning
- An offering of Amazon App store
- Free access to course
- Video lectures
- 3-weeks training
- Practical exercises
- Industry professional instructors
- Offered by amazon appstore
- Interactive quizzes
- Extensive curriculum
- Self-paced learning
- Free programme access
- Online learning
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games fee structure
Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games
The Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games programme caters to beginners. So, you only need minimal technical experience. Still, some familiarity with Android Studio and Java will prove helpful for learning.
What you will learn
After completing the Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games training, you will be able to:
- Program and use advertisements in your mobile games
- Implement efficacious monetisation strategies in your game
- Present the game in a way to make it stand out in an app store
- Create a game that keeps players genuinely interested
Step 1 – Browse the Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games course page by clicking on the link - https://www.udacity.com/course/engagement-monetization-mobile-games--ud407
Step 2 – You will find the ‘Start Free Course’ icon at the top of the page. Click on it to open a registration webpage.
Step 3 – After entering some details, hit ‘Sign Up’ for creating a new account. Or, you can just link a Google or Facebook ID for logging in.
You will reach the lessons page confirming your enrolment in the Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games programme by Udacity.
Filling the form
Admission to the Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games online course does not necessitate filling up an application form. You only need to sign up for an account on Udacity’s website to enrol in the course. Just enter your first and last name, password and email address while creating a new account.
Lesson 1 Engagement
Lesson 2 Monetization models
- How to effectively implement ads & in-app purchases
- A comparison of both premium & freemium models
- Monetization strategies for both paid games & free-to-download “freemium” games
Lesson 3 Best publishing practices
- Get your game to stand out against the competition
- Design strategies for choosing what will appear in the app store—like icons & screenshots
- Get useful player feedback, & how to test out versions of your game with A/B testing
How it helps
The Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games course by Udacity follows a self-paced learning technique. You will gain free access to quizzes, recorded video lectures, and learn-by-doing exercises 24/7.
The Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games programme will teach you the important monetisation strategies in your mobile game. This will help you generate sustainable revenue from your projects in the long term.
It will take you approximately three weeks to complete this programme.
Yes, the Engagement & Monetization | Mobile Games course is free to join.
Since it’s a beginner-level course, you need minimal technical experience to join this course.
Cezanne Camacho and Ankur Prasad are the expert instructors for this course.
Amazon Appstore offers this online programme.