- Course introduction
- Spreadsheet basics - part
- Introduction to spreadsheets
- Spreadsheet basics - part
- Viewpoints: using spreadsheets as a data analysis tool
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
This Excel Basics for Data Analysis certification course is intended to give students a basic understanding of how to use Excel spreadsheets for data analysis. It goes through some of the fundamentals of dealing with spreadsheets and how to use them in data analysis. The Excel Basics for Data Analysis training contains plenty of learning videos, demonstrations, and illustrations, as well as step-by-step instructions for applying and practicing on a live spreadsheet.
This Excel Basics for Data Analysis certification is appropriate for those interested in pursuing a career in data processing or data science, as well as others who really want to use Excel for data analysis in their own domains. The candidate will gain useful experience cleaning and wrangling data with functions, as well as analyzing data with techniques like filtering, sorting, and constructing pivot tables.
This Excel Basics for Data Analysis online course begins with an overview of spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, as well as data loading from a variety of sources. Following this introduction, they'll learn how to execute some simple data wrangling and cleaning operations, as well as how to use filtering, sorting, and pivot tables inside the spreadsheet to further your understanding of data analysis.
- Complete Excel Basics for Data Analysis online course
- Offered by IBM
- Beginner’s level course
- Required 12 hours to complete
- English-medium course
- Accompanied with free trials
- Certification course
- Video lectures
- Reading material
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- If the applicant wishes to resume studying following the trial period, he or she must pay Rs. 2,852 as of the Excel Basics for Data Analysis fees a month as long as the teaching continues.
Excel Basics for Data Analysis fees -
Amount in rupees
Enrollment (after seven-day trial)
Rs. 2,852 per month
certificate providing authority
Excel Basics for Data Analysis by Coursera doesn't need any prior spreadsheet or coding knowledge.
Excel Basics for Data Analysis certification course is a beginner level program, no education qualification is asked for it. The candidate needs to have Excel online for free, students only need a device with a modern web browser and the ability to build a Microsoft account. Candidates who already have a laptop version of Excel, on the other hand, will quickly follow along.
What you will learn
The candidate will learn the following dimensions in Excel Basics for Data Analysis programme -
- This course places a heavy emphasis on experience and practical research.
- Every lab will provide the applicant with hands-on experience processing data and a better understanding of the importance of spreadsheets.
- By learning data formatting features, the candidate would be able to learn and evaluate data more quickly.
- After that, the candidate will convert the data to a pivot table and learn how to use it.
- Candidates will demonstrate their recently learned data processing expertise in the final project.
- Without needing to master some coding, the candidate would have collaborated with many data sets and spreadsheets and shown the fundamentals of data cleaning and analysis by the end of the Excel Basics for Data Analysis certification syllabus.
- The candidates could operate the excel spreadsheet more efficiently and properly.
- With more effective regular training, candidates can make their uses from the spreadsheet more effectively.
The admission process for Excel Basics for Data Analysis online course:
Step 1: Get a full picture of what this course is all about and what it includes on the page https://www.coursera.org/learn/excel-basics-data-analysis-ibm#about
Step 2: Candidates can sign up for a seven-day free trial by selecting "enrol for free."
Step 3: The candidate will be led to a website where they will choose a specific Excel Basics for Data Analysis certification.
Step 4: Candidates must also confirm if they wish to participate in a seven-day free trial and if so, choose "start a free trial."
Step 5: The candidate will be led to a website where they can make a payment.
Step 6: The candidate has been accepted into the programme.
Week 1: Introduction to data analysis using spreadsheets
Week 2: Getting started with using excel spreadsheets
- Viewing, entering, and editing data
- The basics of formulas
- Copying, filing, and formatting cells and data
- Intro to functions
- Referencing data in formulas
Week 3: Cleaning and wrangling data using spreadsheets
- Introduction to data quality
- Basics of data privacy
- Importing file data
- Viewpoints: data quality and privacy
- Dealing with inconsistencies in data
- Removing duplicated or inaccurate data and empty rows
- More excel features for cleaning data
- Viewpoints: issues with data quality
Week 4: Analyzing data using spreadsheets
- Intro to analyzing data using spreadsheets
- Viewpoints: filtering and sorting
- Filtering and sorting data in excel
- Useful functions for data analysis
- Introduction to creating pivot tables in excel
- Using VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions
- Viewpoints: pivot tables
- Pivot table features
Scholarships or financial assistance are given to fund Excel Basics for Data Analysis training; however, the applicant must be confirmed and provide all of the required paperwork. This authentication process would take at least fifteen days.
How it helps
As part of the qualification incentives and Excel Basics for Data Analysis certification benefits, the applicant will have the ability to study the basics and facets of data analytics using spreadsheets. This Excel Basics for Data Analysis certification course is designed to teach students the fundamentals of data analysis using Excel spreadsheets. It covers the basics of working in spreadsheets and how to apply them to data processing. This Excel Basics for Data Analysis credential course is suitable for those who wish to work in data management or data science, as well as those who want to use Excel for data analysis in their own domains. The applicant will gain valuable experience cleaning and wrangling data using functions, as well as analyzing data using scraping, sorting, and constructing techniques.
This Excel Basics for Data Analysis online course starts with an introduction to spreadsheets like Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, and also some data loading from various sources. There are Excel Basics for Data Analysis certification benefits in terms of assessment pattern that will continually bring on the effectiveness and efficiency on the point at every level. From the beginning, every individual candidate will be given individual mentor support that will actually bring their work on a more improved path.
The programme's difficulty level is a beginner level.
Yes, all of the lectures will be videotaped, and applicants will be able to watch them after enrolling on the course's home page.
Sandip Saha Joy and Steve Ryan will teach the course, which is sponsored by IBM.
The applicant must simply choose the option "enrol for free," after which he will be led to a page where he will be given access to the course's free trial.
The course is ideal for students who want to consider data analytics and data science as a career and those that want to learn how to use excel and data analysis software.
Until enrolling in a course, candidates will learn more about it on this page https://www.coursera.org/learn/excel-basics-data-analysis-ibm#about.
Yes, financial assistance is available in conjunction with this, but applicants must be confirmed first, and this check can take at least fifteen days.
The entire course will be taught entirely in English.
The main motive will be to make the basics and fundamentals more smooth to make candidates more effective in further concepts.
IDB via Edx
Google via Coursera
Davidson College, Davidson via Edx
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
IBM via Coursera