- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
The Department of Psychology offers a two-year full-time M Sc program in Psychology with specialization in Clinical Psychology. Keeping pace with the disciplinary advances the program would address knowledge about psychological functioning at individual and social levels in an all-encompassing manner. With the goal of acquiring specialized knowledge, the program would allow students to nurture their academic interest in clinical psychology, along with personal growth and awareness. The spirit of interdisciplinary growth is kept in view while conceptualizing a three-tier system:
- CORE COURSES in the first three PG semesters (courses, which can be considered to be fundamental in giving PG students a larger perspective of Psychology as a social science discipline, irrespective of specialization);
- SPECIALIZATION COURSES (specific theory courses within the subject of Clinical Psychology); and
- ELECTIVE COURSES ( a wide variety, across all disciplinary specializations, primarily conceptualized by individual faculties (based on their own interest/expertise), offered from time to time and chosen by students according to their preference. The program would strive to prepare competent professional psychologists who would excel in knowledge, orientation, and practice in psychology, with high ethical standards and social relevance.
Admissions are done on the basis of Entrance Test, Skill Assessment, Academic Performance, and Personal interview.
- A candidate who has passed Undergraduate degree examination with 50 % aggregate marks and 50% of marks in the cognate subject (Psychology) from any recognized University in India or abroad recognized by UGC / AIU is eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are in the final year of their studies should have secured 50% or above aggregate in all the Semesters / Years of Undergraduate Examinations conducted so far and 50% of marks in the cognate subject.
Challenging and strenuous
Last Seen: 10 Sep' 16
Joined On: 10 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of 2017
- M.Sc Clinical Psychology