- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
B. Ed. The program consists of theory courses which include core courses, foundation courses, and optional courses, practice teaching, and practical work spread over four semesters.
There shall be 100 students admitted. (Two basic units having 50 students in each ) * Bifurcation of seats : * Science stream - 21+21=42 * Arts and Humanities - 21+21=42 * Commerce -8+8=16
Merit Basis Admission shall be made on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examinations. 20% weightage will be added to the graduation marks provided the candidate has obtained the Master's Degree in any of the graduation level subjects/ cognate subjects.
- Candidates with at least fifty per cent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanities/Commerce or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55 % marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- He/She must be a graduate from the M. S. University of Baroda or from any other University recognized as an equivalent for the purpose. He/She must have taken the Bachelor’s Degree in the 10+2+3 or 11+4 pattern.
- He/She must have offered English as one of the subjects at the Higher Secondary/College or University Level.
- Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other applicable categories will be as per the rules of the State Government.
- A candidate admitted to the B.Ed. the programme shall not do any other course during the same academic year.