Hostel Fee - (Double Occupancy including Mess & Laundry fee) - 1,80,200/-
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Geographic Information Systems is a full-time two-year postgraduate course and it is offered at the NIIT University, Neemrana.
NU believes that partnerships with global organisations are a necessity to keep the GIS curriculum and facilities updated. As a result, the NU M.Tech GIS Programme is offered with support from Esri Inc., California, USA- the world’s leading organisation in the development of GIS software and Esri India. Several other GIS organisations involved in GIS development and its application in India and abroad are also expected to join and support this unique research-driven and industry-linked programme in the near future. Meritorious students also receive support in terms of scholarships sponsored by Esri Inc. California.
The Programme enables professionals to start a challenging and rewarding career in the rapidly emerging area of GIS. Professionals pursuing this programme get a comprehensive exposure to GIS components like Geospatial Modelling and Database, Cartography, GIS Programming, Remote Sensing for GIS and relevant elective courses like GIS and Urban Planning, Advanced GIS Platform Programming (Mobile, Web and Cloud), Geoinformatics for Environment, etc. The Programme focuses on spatial visualization, technology and applications of GIS, GPS fundamentals and techniques, Geospatial Project Management and field techniques like exploring Geospatial nature of regions, economy, demography, occupation profile, applications of GIS for humanities, and more. Graduates become fully prepared for positions as GIS Project Managers, Application Specialists, System Engineers and GIS Business Development Managers. They also have the option of pursuing Doctoral Research at NU.
Admission Based on Entrance Test and Interview.
- Applicant must have secured ≥ 50% in class X Board examination
- Applicant must have secured ≥ 50% in class XII Board examination
- Applicant must have secured ≥ 50% in relevant Bachelor’s and Master’s (if applicable).
- 4 Years Bachelor’s Degree holders in Engineering in any field.
- Professionals with 3 years- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years adequate IT training and professionals practicing in a ET relevant industry/ organization/ dept./ desk/ in India or abroad. 3 years of relevant experience in any of the above-mentioned areas.
- The Pre-Service Applicants are required to appear for the NIIT University ET Admission Competency Test and a subsequent screening interview.
- The In-Service Applicants shall normally be evaluated on the basis of the candidates’ interest, experience and suitability for the Programme and the recommendation of the sponsoring organization.