AV College of Arts Science and Commerce (AV College), Hyderabad was established in the year 1968. The campus is spread across 7.33 acres of land. The College offers undergraduate (BA, B.Com, B.Sc) and postgraduate (MA, M.Com, MCA, MBA, M.Sc) courses in various domains. AV College is affiliated to the Osmania University Domalguda, Hyderabad.
AV College of Arts Science and Commerce is located at Gagan Mahal Road, Gagan Mahal, Domalguda, Himayatnagar, Hyderabad, Telangana. Lakdikapul Railway Station is around 3.4 km away and Lakdi-Ka-Pul Metro Station is around 2.5 km away from the College. Begumpet Airport is around 7.2 km away from the Institute. Students can take a bus or a cab to reach AV College.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- AV College is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- IL & FS
- Synthon Pharmaceuticals
- Institute of Asian Studies
- Moulana Azad National Urdu University
- Rajeev Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies
- Indian Student Chapter of the Optical Society of America
- AP Medicinal & Aromatic Plants Board
- Dr. BRAOU
Clubs, Societies and Committees:
- National Service Scheme (NSS): NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
For Undergraduate Courses (BA/B.Com/B.Sc):
- Candidates have to fill an online application form for admission to the College.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying exam, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admissions on the basis of merit, document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Sc/MA/MBA/MCA/M.Com):
- For MBA, MCA, candidates have to register online, apply and appear for ICET conducted by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
- Based on the marks secured in ICET, a merit list will be prepared.
- Further, based on the marks secured in ICET, candidates have to participate in the counselling process and seat allotment.
- Final admission will be based on the merit list, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- For M.Sc, MA, M.Com, candidates have to apply and appear for Common Post Graduate Entrance Tests (CPGET) conducted by the university.
- Further, based on the marks secured in CPGET, candidates have to participate in the online and offline counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on the marks secured in the entrance test, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
AV College of Arts Science and Commerce offers varied infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as library with a collection of books and journals, hostels, medical facilities, seminar halls, sports, auditorium, etc. Other facilities like Wi-Fi, etc are also available for the students and faculty.
- Library: The Library has a mixed collection of both print and electronic format, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Seminar Hall: Various seminars, presentations, conferences, film screenings, theatre and cultural performances etc, are conducted in the seminar hall.
- Sports: AV College of Arts Science and Commerce provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities like badminton, table tennis, football, swimming pool, lawn tennis, etc.
- Auditorium: Various seminars, presentations, conferences, film screenings, theatre and cultural performances etc, are conducted in the auditorium.
It is a great experience
College for Good life
Last Seen: 30 Nov' 16
Joined On: 30 Nov' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2008
- B.Com English Medium
Best faculty and good infrastucture
Joined On: 27 Feb' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2013
- B.Com Computers
Best phase of my life
Joined On: 28 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2015
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council