Courses & Fees
For Postgraduate Courses (MBA):
The candidates should qualify any of the entrance tests mentioned below:
Common Admission Test (CAT)
Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE)
Based on the entrance tests, the candidates will be called for an interview and the group discussion.
The candidates appearing for group discussion and interview should bring their documents for verification.
For Research Courses (Ph.D):
The candidates have to qualify one of the following entrance examinations:
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF (with a valid certificate)
UGC NET for JRF (with a valid certificate)
Based on the performance in the entrance tests, the candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
The candidates having ME/M.Tech or an equivalent degree including MBA (post BE/B.Tech) are eligible for direct interview.
Exams and Cutoffs
- Hostels: The Department of Management Studies has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Hostels have three dining halls with one vegetarian and two for non vegetarian.
- Library: DoMS, IISc has a well stocked library that contains various books, journals, and magazines.
- Gymkhana: The Department of Management Studies provides Gymkhana facility where all the cultural and extracurricular activities take place. It also provides sports facility with a cricket ground, tennis courts, swimming pool, cinder track, indoor badminton court, billiards, ping pong tables, etc. Gymkhana of DoMS, IISc has both indoor and outdoor auditoria.
- Health Centre: DoMS, IISc has a health centre facility for the students and faculty. Full-time professional doctors and nursing staff are present at health care centre for any emergency. It also has a diagnostic laboratory, an X-ray facility and non-invasive diagnosis by ultrasonography.
- Computer Lab: DoMS, Indian Institute of Science provides computer lab facility to the students for hands on experience.
- Multimedia Classroom: The Department has multimedia classroom with LCD projector, video streaming and recording facility.
(Rank 28th in Public/Govt.)
Questions related to Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
how muchh fee. for mba after pass tha cat exam
After passing the CAT examination, you can opt for various kinds of colleges. Among the top colleges in India, the lowest fee is of Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi. It will cost you rupees 20, 000 for the 2 year course. The highest is of IIM, Ahmedabad, which will cost you 21 lakhs for the 2 year course.
You can find costs of other top institutes here-
Conceptual clarity influence candidate’s selection at PI rounds, says Prof. M.H. Bala Subrahmanya, Chairman, DMS, IISc Bangalore
In an interview with Careers360, Prof. M.H. Bala Subrahmanya, Chairman, D....
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: