- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: University of Jammu, Jammu
Bachelor of Education is a full-time two-year undergraduate course offered by the University of Jammu, Jammu.
Admission shall be on merit basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and or in the entrance examination or any other selection process as per policy of State Government/UT administration.
- As per notification number F.Acd/1/17/153223-92 dated: 18-01-2017, the eligibility criteria for seeking admission in the two year B.Ed Programme shall be 45 % Marks at Graduation Level (10+2+3 Pattern) for General Category and 40% for SC/ST Categories in all the Faculties of Arts, Science, Social Science, Commerce or Faculty of Music and Fine Arts from the University of Jammu or an Examination of any other University recognized as equivalent there to or Bachelor’s Degree Examination of 4 year duration from recognized University.
- As notified by the University of jammu vide notification No.F.Acd/III/15/286j385 dated 13-04-2015 that in all those programmes of study in the faculties of Arts,Science,Life Sciences,Business Studies,Education,Mathematical Sciences and Fine Arts where Bachelor degree is the eligibility, the candidate must have passed Bachelor Degree examination with at least four subjects provided:
- That the degree obtained by such candidate is recognized by UGC;
- That the degree is granted by a University established by an act of Parliament or Act of state Legislature; and that if the said University is not a University of Jammu and Kashmir state, it has been allowed to offer it's distance education programme within Jammu and Kashmir by the state Government
- A person, as long as he/she is on the rolls of B.Ed course, shall not be eligible to attend any other course of instruction or appear in any other examination of the University. Provided that a candidate who has been placed under reappear category in one course / paper of an examination,other than the qualifying examination, or was scheduled to appear in the examination ( other than the qualifying examination) either as a regular or private candidate before the commencement of class work of B.Ed course but could not do so on account of delay in the conduct of said examination, for reason beyond his /her control, shall be eligible to appear in the examination , even though he/she has been duly admitted to the B.Ed course.
- Any person in employment or self examination or engaged in a business or profession is not eligible for admission to the B.Ed course in the Non- Government Colleges.Such a person may, however ,be considered for admission, provided.
- He/She produces a certificate from his/her employer has no objection to his/her employee pursing whole time B.Ed course and that the employee is on authorized leave for full duration of the course duly sanctioned by the competent authority for the purpose;
- In case of self employed person or a person engaged in business or a profession, the person concerned gives an undertaking on a stamped paper of proper value duly attested by the Ist class magistrate/ notary that he / she will devote his / her whole time for studies as a student during the period he/ she remains on the rolls of the college for the course and shall not engage in any business or profession or vocation during this period or engage in any other activity which is likely to interfere with his/her studies in the college.