K Ramakrishnan College of Technology, Tiruchirappalli is a private engineering college located in Tiruchirappalli. The college was established in the year 2010. KRCT offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering. The college offers admission through both counselling and management quota. K Ramakrishnan College of Technology is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and has been approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
KRCT is located in Tiruchirappalli. Pichchandarkovil is the nearby railway station located 8 km away from the institute. Tiruchirappalli International Airport is located 21.7 km away from KRCT. Marudhur Bus Stop is located 5 km away from K Ramakrishnan College of Technology.
KRCT has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Clubs, Committee and Societies
- Environmental Club
- Tamil Club
- Toast Master Club
- WNN Club
- English Club
- Maths Club
- Coding Club
- Circuits Club
- Robotics Club
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
This College is accredited by NAAC A+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 04 Nov 2021 and the score is 3.54 .
K Ramakrishnan College of Technology, (KRCT, Tiruchirappalli) offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering. Undergraduate courses include BE in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics, electrical, computer science and engineering. Admission to various undergraduate courses is done through both TNEA counselling on the merit basis as per the marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination. 35% of total seats are reserved by the college under management quota. Various specialisation in which postgraduate courses (ME) are offered includes computer science and engineering, embedded systems and technologies, power electronics and VLSI designs. Admission to postgraduate courses is done on the basis of TANCET or Common Entrance Test conducted by a consortium of self-financing colleges. Admission processes to various courses offered by K Ramakrishnan College of Technology, Tiruchirappalli are listed below step-by-step:
Government Quota (65% of the total seats):
- Candidate has to apply and participate in the single window counselling TNEA.
- Based on participation in TNEA counselling, document verification and fee payment, candidates will be offered admission.
Management Quota (35% seats):
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of Consortium of Self-Financing Colleges.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
Government Quota (50% of the total seat)
- Candidate has to apply and appear for TANCET.
- Based on the scores of TANCET, candidates have to participate in a state-level counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on merit, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Management Quota (50% of the total seat)
- Candidates have to apply and appear for Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by a consortium of self-financing colleges.
- Based on the results of CET, a rank list will be prepared.
- Admissions will be offered to the candidates on the basis of the rank secured in the CET exam.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
K Ramakrishnan College of Technology, Tiruchirappalli has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, etc and facilities like health centre, computing centre for the students in order to have a hassle-free learning experience. It also provides special facilities to the students like sports, gym, etc in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Health Centre: The Health Centre is well equipped and caters to the medical needs of the students, staff and faculty
- Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students. Students can avail the facility of digital library.
- Cafeteria: The campus has a cafeteria that provides healthy and hygienic snacks to the students at a subsidised rate.
- Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
- Transportation: The college provides transportation services to students and staff across the whole city to make daily commutes for them easy and convenient.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 04 Nov 2021 ; CGPA : 3.54