KCT Business School (KCTBS), Coimbatore was established in the year 2005. Dr. N. Mahalingam founded KCTBS. The Institute is a part of Shakti Group. KCTBS offers a Master in Business Administration (MBA) and doctoral (Ph.D.) courses. KCT Business School is affiliated with Anna University.
The college is situated near Athipalayam Road, Chinnavedampatti, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. It is well connected by roadways and railways as well. Thudiyalur Railway Station is around 7 km and Coimbatore International Airport is about 18 km away from the College. Students can take a taxi or a bus to reach the College.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- KCTBS is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- KCTBS is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Ara Institute of Canterbury, New Zealand
Exams and Cutoffs
For Undergraduate Course (MBA):
- Candidates should qualify MAT exams.
- Eligible candidates should fill an online application form for admission to the College.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the group discussion followed by a personal interview.
- Final selection will be based on the performance in a personal interview.
- Admission through government quota will be done on the basis of marks scored in Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET).
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the counselling process for the final admission to the college.
For Doctoral Course (Ph.D):
- Candidates should have a master's degree to be eligible for Ph.D.
- Eligible candidates should fill an online application form for admission to the College.
- For the final selection, shortlisted candidates have to appear for the written test followed by a personal interview.
- Candidates who have qualified NET/SLET/ Other equivalent exams are exempted from written tests.
KCT Business School offers varied infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as hostel for boys and girls, auditorium, sports, gym, medical facility, etc. Other facilities like Wi-Fi, etc are also available for the students and faculty.
- Hostel: KCT Business School has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Laundry facility is provided to the hostel students.
- Medical Facility: The Institute has a medical room and ambulance facility available for the students and faculty for any kind of medical emergency.
- Gym: The College has a gymnasium facility for the students and faculty so that they can maintain their physical health as well.
- Auditorium: Various seminars, presentations, conferences, film screenings, theatre and cultural performances etc, are conducted in the auditorium.
- Sports: The institute provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities like badminton, table tennis, football, swimming pool, lawn tennis, etc.
- Canteen: KCT Business School has a canteen available for the students and faculty that serves food to them at reasonable rates.
Questions related to KCT Business School, Coimbatore
which MBA college is good in Coimbatore Kct business school or jansons business school...?
There are many top MBA colleges in Coimbatore.
KCT Business School :Next to PSG in Coimbatore in which 58 companies visited this college last year for placements which includes Coca Cola, Oracle etc... The staffs are well educated and has more knowledge over the subject. One thing is that they give very less importance to books for the subjects except for accounts.The management seat will cost you 5.5 lakhs(3 lakhs donation+ 2.5 lakhs semester fees). It requires 50+ marks to get admission through tancet.
In Jansons School of business, 6 lakhs in total for two years and the Jansons is compulsory hostel so you'll have to stay in hostel for step years even if you're from Coimbatore.
I'd Suggest you to go For KCT as it ranks in the top most MBA colleges.
Here's the link to know more about both the colleges in detail :
KCT Business School : https://www.careers360.com/colleges/kct-business-school-coimbatore
Jansons School of business : https://www.careers360.com/colleges/jansons-school-of-business-coimbatore
Hope this was helpful !
All the very best for your future.
What is the fees structure in KCT BUSINESS SCHOOL for MBA through government quota(TANCET) and MANAGEMENT quota?
The fees for Masters in Business Administration in KCT Business School, Coimbatore is 8.70 lacs INR. The course is a full-time course, for a duration of 2 years.
KCT BUSINESS SCHOOL OR MADRAS UNIVERSITY which one is best MBA and Placements?
KCT business school, is the best option for MBA.
Placements can be called as the USP of KCT Business School. Almost 95% of the students got placed in previous batches where the remaining 5% belonged to entrepreneurship stream. ITC, Coca-Cola, Zoho, Amazon, Colgate, E&Y are some the reputed companies that have visited the campus. The Salary ranged from 3.5L-12L with an average of 4.5L. Some of the roles for which the students were recruited was Business Analyst, Business development associate, Management trainee etc. More than 40% of the students got internship from college in which 7-10 students got pre-placement offer. Not all the companies offered stipend but a few ranging from 3k-11k. There is a placement cell which is very approachable anytime, puts lots of effort to get students placement. Placement training sessions happens regularly with placement consultancies tied up.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Is KCT BUSINESS SCHOOL is right choice to do MBA through TANCET?WHAT about its Placement at present year?
A BIG FAT NO!
let me list out the reasons:
- Staffs are extremely partial. Your marks will depend on how close you are with your staffs.
- Once you choose a department in the second semester. All other department staffs will hate you and not even give OD to attend the competition.
- The so-called teamwork is basically one person’s work or copied from the internet.
- The person who did their report with full efforts and who borrows the report from seniors get the same marks.
- Completing mooc courses is a part of some course and evaluation. The real certificate and photoshopped gets the same value.
- Only students from SA (students association) will be given the best outgoing award no matter if they contribute. Others (non-SA) can never ever expect any awards or recognition.
- When it comes to placements not even 5% of the students get placed in their own department.
- Average package is just 3lpa.
- The number of companies visited the campus includes off campus and the companies you try to get placed yourself.
- 99% of companies are wrt marketing and insurance. if they claim other domain companies visited its just companies that visited KCT, not KCT-BS.
- Even if you don’t like to participate in a specific company you have to attend for the sake of count.
- None of the staffs will come to class on time.
- In last semester we will hardly have class (maximum 2 to 3 classes) we gotta pay the full fee of 75,000 RS.
- ICICI insurance and IDBI are the mass recruiters and those are companies that help the placement cell to show better placement percentage.
- Until Vijila mam was responsible for KCT-BS, it was in better shape. NO PROPER MANAGEMENT.
For doing MBA among KCT BUSINESS SCHOOL AND ST.JOSEPH COLLEGE , CHENNAI OMR . Which one is best for PLACEMENTS and ACADEMICS?
Hi candidate! Both of the colleges are quiet decent for persuing mba. Though i will personally prefer KCT business school over st.joseph college, chennai due to the enviroment of study and placements. placements are nice in kct business school with an average salary of 6 LPA. It totally depends on your choice. for more information write down in the comment section below. hope this helps.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: