MIT-SOM College, Pune was established under the aegis of Maharashtra Academy of Engineering and Educational Research (MAEER), Pune in the year 2004. The institute is approved by the Government of Maharashtra.is affiliated to the University of Pune. MIT-SOM College offers courses at the undergraduate level in the field of Business Administration, International Business and Computer Applications.
Shilpa Housing Society, Rambaug Colony, Kothrud, Pune in Maharashtra. Pune Railway Station is around 10 km away from the institute. Pune International Airport is approximately 18 km away from MIT-SOM College. Kothrud Depot is at a distance of 4 km away from the college and it takes about 12 km away from the bus depot to reach MIT-SOM College.
Accreditation and Collaboration
- The institute is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
MIT-SOM College has the following collaborations:
- Tribal Research and Training Institute of India (TRTI)
- Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE)
- Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Research and Training Institute
- National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM)
- Institute of Charted Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Marketplace - Business Simulation
- TALLY Academy
- NIEM (National Institute of Event Management)
- Seed Infotech
- La Trobe University, Australia
- The University of South Florida, Tampa, USA -
- Cardiff University, Wales, UK
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Telecom Ecole De Management, Paris
- Dalarna University, Sweden
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Adventure and Trekking Club - This Club has adventurous members who are zealous to explore the world and they go for trekking and are a part of activities that are a mix of fun, adventure, excitement all at the same time.
- CASAC - The Creative and Social Activities Club nurtures the creative talent of the students and they are engaged in activities that promote creativity and social awareness.
- BITS Club - Bridge between Information Technology and Students is an Information Technology Club. IT is important at the workplace and is a need for everyday activities of individuals and thus this Club helps the students in getting a better understanding of these technologies. Students of this Club can hone their technical skills and upgrade themselves with the technological advancements.
- ENTHUSIA Club - Enthusia Club of MIT-SOM helps to boost the enthusiasm of the students so that their energy is channelized in a proper and useful way.
- PATRIOTIC FILM CLUB - This Club spreads the spirit of Patriotism and preserves nations’ values and ensures that our nation is the first priority before and helps in being responsible towards the nation.
- Entrepreneur Club - This Club nurtures entrepreneurship talent and encourages them to come up with innovative business ideas and plans and helps the students to become successful entrepreneurs in the future.
- Photography Club - This Club of MITSOM Colleg has like-minded photographers who showcase their photography talent and trains them to become professional photographers in the future.
- Event Management Club - This Club manages all events very professionally and gives a practical exposure to the members to every working environment.
- Techno Club - The Techno Club helps to enhance the technical skills of the students and remain updates with all the technological advancement and new technologies.
- Music Club - Music Club of MITSOM College has music lovers who are passionate about music and showcase their musical talent to the audiences.
- Dance Club - This Club has students interested in dancing and has professional classical, salsa, contemporary and bollywood dancers who showcase their dancing talent and mesmerises the audiences with their performance.
- Drama Club - The MITSOM College’s Drama Club has acting enthusiasts who are a part of purushottam karandak, firodiya karandak and much more and hones acting skills.
- Business Ethics and Moral Club - The Club of the institute gives an in-depth knowledge of business ethics and moral values.
MIT School of Management Admission
MIT-SOM College offers courses at the undergraduate level. Admission to all the courses is based on the UGPET conducted by MIT World Peace University. Further, they have to participate in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview and qualify it. The detailed MIT-SOM College admission process is given below:
Candidates aspiring to take admission to the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by MIT-SOM College have to fulfil the eligibility criteria for the programme they wish to pursue and then submit an online application on the website of the MIT World Peace University for appearing in UGPET conducted by the university.
Aspirants have to qualify the entrance examination in order to be eligible for the next round of the MIT School of Management admission process that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Candidates have to qualify the Group Discussion and Personal Interview and aspirants qualifying the GD and PI shall be shortlisted.
Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the university level counselling process for document verification and fee payment and it is mandatory to complete this procedure in order to confirm their admission.
Final selection of the candidates shall be based on marks secured in UGPET, participation in the university level counselling process for document verification and fee payment.
Library, sports, hostel, etc. are some of the facilities that are offered by MIT-SOM College. The library is the ideal spot of the book lovers as it has a wide collection of books, reading material, journals/Ds/DVDs/audio/video cassettes etc. The cafeteria serves a variety of food and drinks and as a relaxation room that has additional food items. All the computational needs are fulfilled by the computing centre. Candidates wanting to know more about the facilities can read further and get an insight into the facilities of MIT-SOM College
- Library - The library has a rich collection of books, reading material, journals/Ds/DVDs/audio/video cassettes etc. and students can go to the library for their academic help or reading books during the working hours.
- Cafeteria - A cafeteria is present within the premises of the college that serves a variety of food and drinks to the members of the college and apart from this there is a relaxation room where tea, coffee, snacks, soft drinks etc are available.
- Hostel - MIT-SOM College, Pune provides hostels for accommodation to the girls and boys and the hostels have all the necessary facilities and are supervised by the hostel authorities.
- Sports - The college encourages students to actively take part in sports activities and they can play various outdoor and indoor sports and keep their mind refreshed as they get a break from the regular academic schedule that they follow every day.
- Computer Centre - The computer centre is well equipped with the latest technology and caters to the computational needs of the students and faculty.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: