Latest Update for NPTI Durgapur - National Power Training Institute
- 54 minutes ago:
- 2 days ago:
- 26 Feb 2021:
JEE Main 2021 Feb 26 live updates on analysis, answer key and more
About NPTI Durgapur
National Power Training Institute (NPTI) Durgapur was established in 1968 by the Government of India under the Ministry of Power for Human Resources Development of the Indian Power Sector. The headquarter of National Power Training Institute is located at sector 33, Faridabad (Haryana) and other regional institutes are located at Neyveli (Tamil Nadu), Badarpur (New Delhi), Nagpur (Maharashtra), Guwahati (Assam), Nangal (Punjab) and Bengaluru (Karnataka). NPTI Durgapur provided various technical and managerial skill development programmes to about 3000 power sector personnel till March 2010. NPTI Durgapur currently provides courses in various disciplines including B.Tech Power Engineering, Post Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering, Post Graduate Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering.
NPTI Durgapur is located in West Bengal. Durgapur Railway Station is the nearest station to NPTI. The distance between NPTI West Bengal and Durgapur Railway Station is 8 km and students can reach the campus in 9 mins by hiring an auto. The nearest commercial airport closest to NPTI is in Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, which is 172.2 km away from NH 19. Students can take a bus from Esplanade Bus Stand from Kolkata to Durgapur and can reach the campus in about 3 hrs.
Gazette Notification of MSED
National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE)
Ministry of Rural Development (MORD)
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur (MNITJ)
Non-Ferrous Materials Technology Development Centre (NFTDC)
National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE)
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT)
Indian Electrical and Electronics Manufacturers Association (IEEMA)
Power Research Development Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (PRDC)
Power Sector Skill Council (PSSC)
Mindteck India Limited
Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA)
PTC India Financial Services Ltd. (PFS)
XED Executive Development Private Limited
Clubs, Committees and Societies:-
Cultural Committee- The Cultural Committee of NPTI Durgapur is formed with the objective of attracting and motivating the student community to explore and exhibit their creative and artistic sensibilities through talent shows, sessions, workshops and competitions. This Committee provides the much-needed break that a participant looks for, after endless hours of hard work.
NPTI Durgapur Highlights
NPTI Durgapur Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 3 Lakhs
- Seats: 60 Seats
- Total Fees: 1.71 Lakhs
- Total Fees: 2.71 Lakhs
NPTI Durgapur Admissions 2021
National Power Training Institute Durgapur provides admissions to B.Tech and B.E programmes based on WBJEE/JEE Main scores, to the post-diploma thermal power plant engineering programme based on the merit of the qualifying exam and to the postgraduate diploma thermal power plant engineering programme through CET. A detailed description of all programmes and other required details are mentioned below.
For B.Tech/BE Power Engineering-
Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech Power Engineering course, must appear and qualify WBJEE/JEE Main.
Candidates securing qualifying marks have to apply for the counselling process on the official website of NPTI Durgapur.
Candidates have to apply for the counselling process along with required documents and fees payment.
Candidates will get admission to B.Tech/B.E Power Engineering after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees at the institute.
For Post Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering-
Candidates interested in taking admission to Post Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering programme must have passed 3 years of diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Electrical & Electronics.
Candidates will have to apply online on the official website of NPTI Durgapur along with all the required documents, passport size photograph and payment of fees.
Candidates will have to fill the admission form for this course if their application gets accepted.
Selected candidates can get admission after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees.
For Postgraduate Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering-
Candidates interested in taking admission to Postgraduate Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering programme must have a B.Tech/B.E. degree or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation where candidates are selected through Common Entrance Test (CET).
Candidates need to apply online on the official website of National Power Training Institute along with all the required documents, passport size photograph and fee payment.
Selected candidates whose application will be approved, will get admission after document verification and payment of fees.
NPTI Durgapur Exams and Cutoffs
NPTI Durgapur Student Reviews
One of the worst college I had seen.
Last Seen: 12 Jun' 17
Joined On: 23 Jun' 16
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
- B.Tech Power Engineering
The best time with the best people
My college review
NPTI Durgapur Facilities
NPTI Durgapur provides various facilities and amenities for the students, staff and faculty. The facilities and infrastructure include classrooms, conference hall, guest houses, hostels, library, laboratory, open learning centre, recreation hall etc. Students can find detailed descriptions of the facilities provided that are mentioned below.
- Classroom- There are a total of 10 classrooms that are provided with LCD projectors and OHP etc for imparting better education to students with advanced technology.
- Library- The library of NPTI Durgapur has a huge collection of 9473 volumes of books providing knowledge on engineering, science and technology. All students and staff are allowed to use the library facilities. The library also has a collection of international and national journals and periodicals.
- Conference Hall- National Power Training Institute Durgapur has a conference hall with a capacity to accommodate 100 persons and a syndicate room with a seating capacity for 20 persons.
- Guest House- A guest house is also available for accommodation and anyone who needs accommodation has to make a payment of 400 rupees per day per room.
- Hostels- Hostels are allotted to students based on the availability of seats. Students have to apply for hostel accommodation in advance to get seats. Students staying outside the institute campus will not be able to avail of the transportation facility. Other facilities like canteen, recreation and indoor games like table tennis, badminton, carom, chess etc. are also available inside the hostel.
- Open Learning Centre- This facility is available to trainees/trainers to seek any kind of help through multimedia CBT packages which are developed for training purpose.
- Recreation Hall- The recreation hall of NPTI Durgapur also called SIT Lab is provided for organising cultural activities that can accommodate about 100 persons inside it.
- Laboratory & Workshop- The NPTI has well-equipped laboratories and workshops providing a variety of facilities to train technicians, operators and engineers, in various fields of power stations which include:
- Mechanical Workshop- Mechanical workshop imparts knowledge about valves, bearings & shaft alignment, pumps, motors etc.
- Electrical Workshop- Electrical workshops are for testing and illustration of electrical equipment.
- Control & Instrumentation Lab- All students are provided education and knowledge about the control systems and instrumentation including P, PI and PID controllers, modelling of sensors and transducers, signalling of analog and digital convertors etc.
- Computer Lab- All computers inside the lab are provided with LAN facility and internet connectivity for conducting various training programmes.
- CCPD (Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution) Lab- This is a lab that imparts knowledge to students regarding practicing digging holes, erection of poles, fixing different fittings on pole, stringing and installation of overhead conductors etc.
B.Tech Power Engineering Lab- There are a number of labs that come under the B.Tech Power Engineering Lab which are listed below.
- Basic Electrical Lab
- Engineering Physics Lab
- Circuit Theory & Networks Lab
- Computer Lab
- Electrical & Electronics Measurement Lab
- Electrical Protection Lab
- Heat Power lab
- Material Science Technology Lab
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
- Engineering Graphics Lab
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Combustion Lab
- Digital Electronics and Integrated Circuits Lab
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Mechanics of Deformable Bodies Lab
- C & I Lab
- Workshop Practice Lab
NPTI Durgapur Gallery
Questions related to NPTI Durgapur
How Can i get admission in this college for PGDC course ???????
Admission to the PGDC program is open for B.tech and B.E or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation or similar specialization. Admission to PGDC is done on the basis of Merit List based on the marks obtained by the candidate in CET (Common Entrance Test) Follwoed by the counselling process.
Applications for the PGDC are filled online in the website. The registration fee for the same is Rs. 2000/- which has to be paid online as well. The registration fee is non-refundable and no offline payment mode is acceptable.
Hope this answers your question.
MBA in Energy and infrastructure from SPM PDPU, V/S MBA Energy Management from NPTI OR NTPC School of Business?
MBA programme is a two-year full-time residential programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) under the School of Petroleum Management (SPM) . IPMG became the constituent of PDPU and changed the name to School of Petroleum Management (SPM). Short listing of candidates for SPM MBA Admissions is done on the basis of CAT 2016 /XAT 2017 Scores. average ctc 6.5 lpa approx and fees: INR 7.46 Lacs & seat 120(60 for Energy and Infrastructure Management).
NTPC programmes are in collaboration with iim ahmedabad faculty.
and 24 month programme is exclusively meant for energy sector.with electives- for in house and pvt sector requirements.
energy sector- would consist of renewable sources-like wind, tidal waves, hydro, thermal power and nuclear power.
it is a premier programme and my opinion is the passouts will not have problems in placements with eminent faculty and great sponsor .
So, it's upto youu which school you want to go.
My rank in ipu cet is 21144 can I get npti badarpur in spot round?
However you can get following colleges under spot round:
- HMR Institute of technology
- Delhi institute of tool engineering
- Northern india engineering college
- Bharti vidyapeeth college of engineering
- Maharaja agrasen institute of technology.
My name shivam pal , Mai Government polytechnic Ghaziabad se Mechanical engineering AUTOMOBILE 2nd year me hu training karna h NPTI me Pleas
So shivam if you want to do training from NPTI contact nearby NPTI at Badarpur ,Delhi which will be the nearest from Ghaziabad.
i completed me diploma mechanical engg....can i take lateral entry in power engineering at NPTI
NPTI lateral entry admissions
NPTI Durgapur Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: