Post-Graduate Government College, Sector 46 Chandigarh was established in 1982. The college offers postgraduate courses in commerce and management. It also offers undergraduate courses in arts, commerce and computer applications, with honours in selected subjects.
Location: Post-Graduate Government College, Sector 46 Chandigarh is located at Chandi Path, 46B, Sector 46, Chandigarh. Chandigarh Junction is about 7 km and the Bus Depot is about 4 km from the college. Chandigarh International Airport is about 14 km from the college campus.
Accreditation: Post Graduate Government College, Sector 46 Chandigarh is accredited with A by NAAC.
Clubs and Committees:
- Job placement and training: This cell of PGGC’s campus endeavours to provide the platform to the Graduates and Postgraduates by professionally working and reaching to the best companies for them. The cell has a tie-up with various organisations including the start-ups and multinational companies etc. which in turn help the graduates to discover and grab the various opportunities and to be a part of the industrial world.
- Literary Society (Vaangmaya): The literary society of PGGC promotes literacy activities, by organising literary activities. These include writing prose and poetry.
- Gender Equity Society (Sahas): This cell of PGGC was established to address the practical issues related to the welfare of and equal opportunities for women faculty members, staff and students.
- Traffic awareness and road safety society(Vahini): The club spread awareness about traffic and road safety. This is necessary for everyone to learn, as they have to follow these rules and regulations in their own life. This will help students to be smart when they are driving.
- Best out of waste (Punarnava): Best out of waste is the need of today. To make our carbon footprint less, everyone should learn these techniques of minimising the waste by reuse, recycle and reproduction.
- Aids and Health care Society (Chetana): Through this society, students are made aware of issues and their impact on the life of individuals.
- Drug De-addiction (Nivran) Society: This society of PGGC acts as a new life for the addicted person. It is committed to making addicted people normal, through various treatments.
- Stress management and yoga (Anamaya): This society works on stress management and yoga for a healthy lifestyle.
- Community Hygiene and Sanitation Society (Sahodaya): This society promotes community hygiene and sanitation in the society.
- Environment Awareness Society: The activities of this club, promotes programmes related to the environment and its protection.
- Preservation and promotion of culture and heritage society (Sanskriti): The Sanskriti club, organise various events throughout the year for the promotion of culture and heritage.
- Women's Grievance Redressal Cell: This cell of PGGC is committed to the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women and takes active steps towards gender sensitization and elimination of sexual harassment.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell: The aim of IQAC is to plan, guide, and monitor Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the Institution.
- Anti Ragging Committee: Anti-Ragging Committee of PGGC ensures there is no ragging happening on the campus and the college is in compliance with the provisions of the regulations as well as the provisions of the law concerning ragging is in force. It also monitors and oversees the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the institution. The committee makes sure there is no ragging happening on the campus.
- Committee for SC/ST: The cell resolves all the affairs and problems related to the SC/ST students and faculties.
- NSS: The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU”. This expresses the essence of democratic living, and appreciation of the other man’s point of view. This underlines that the welfare of the individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society as a whole. Therefore, it should be the aim of the NSS to demonstrate this motto in its day-to-day programs. NSS volunteers of PGGC actively take part in a variety of activities, which include blood donation, HIV-AIDS awareness, family life education, functional literacy, help for the visually impaired, college-campus cleanliness, skill development and leadership and personality development.
- NCC: NCC fortifies character, command and discipline among the students. It provides framing for a career in the forces. NCC Cadet Crop of the PGGC organises and trains youth and provides leadership in all walks of life including the Armed and Navy forces. It also creates a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
- Academic and personal counselling cell: The cell facilitates academic, emotional, social and cognitive development of the student and empowers them in their learning and personal development.
Courses & Fees
Post-Graduate Government College, Sector 46 Chandigarh offers undergraduate courses in arts, commerce, and computer applications, with honours in selected subjects. The admission process of these courses are given below:
Students need to submit their application online and pay the registration fee.
They can also download the application form and submit it with required documents at the University.
It is up to the departments of the University, whether they conduct the entrance exam or give admission based on the qualifying criteria.
In case the concerned department is conducting the entrance exam then, aspirants of that particular course will have to appear for the entrance examination and obtain a valid score.
Each department will prepare the merit list based on the entrance test score or qualifying marks.
And, as per the merit lists, candidates have to visit the university’s concerned department and complete the admission process.
Once the admission process is completed, candidates will receive the ID Card.
Post Graduate Government College, Sector 46 Chandigarh provides various facilities to its students. These facilities include a library, computer lab, hostel, conference room and auditorium. The college also has the facility of sports, reading room, yoga room, and gym. These facilities are established, keeping in mind the physical exercise and sports need of the students for involving them into successful personalities.
- Library: PGGC’s library has the latest volumes, in the fields of commerce, art and general areas. It has the membership for e-resources and has a subscription to national and international peer-reviewed e-journals. Online public access catalogue (OPAC) facility is available to facilitate the online search of the library books with title, author, keyword and subject.
- Medical Facilities: The PGGC campus has a medical facility. Medical doctors and other necessary first aid and emergency medicines are available for the staff and students. A well qualified medical practitioner is available during the college hours, and the students can avail the medical facilities free of cost. The Institute also has links with well-equipped hospitals of Agra to deal with any severe emergency cases.
- Sports: The PGGC has indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Indoor games like carrom, table tennis, chess are available in the college. The college has a well-furnished football field and cricket fields. It also has a hockey field, handball, volleyball and badminton court. The institute organises annual sports every year in which students of all disciplines take part.
- Canteen: PGGC has a well-maintained cafeteria situated within the institute campus premises. Hygienic tasty snacks and food items are available during institute timings at reasonable rates.
- Computer Centre: The computer centre of PGGC maintains and manages campus networking and internet facility. It provides both wired and WiFi connectivity to students and staff. The centre is equipped with the latest system/application software, operating system and various utility software. All students & staff are allowed to access the internet for academic and research purposes.
- Seminar Hall: The hall is equipped with the latest teaching aids like LCD projector, slide projector and overhead projector. The hall is used for conducting guest lectures, symposiums and seminars.
- GYM: The college has well-equipped gym facilities for the healthy lifestyle of the students.
- Auditorium: The auditorium is well equipped with air-conditioned, sound reinforcement system and video conferencing facilities. Projection facilities for films, slides, large screen videos, and multimedia presentations are also available in the auditorium.
Questions related to Post Graduate Government College, Sector 46 Chandigarh
What can be the total fee for BA - 1 for 2020 ? How many seats are there ? Is merit the criteria for admission ?
i hope you are good , there are total 300 seats for B.A course in post graduate government college , sector 46 chandigarh , the eligibility criteria to get into this course is candidate must have passed their 10+2 from recognized board or equivalent there to. fee structure of same course is around INR 16,670 annually.
hope this helps
i want to know will there be addmmision on month of june in 2020
As you have tagged post graduate government college, sector 46. There's no information about reopening of the college on official website. According to government, it was said colleges/school will be reopened in the month of August/ September. So, you should wait till the colleges announce its reopen dates.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council