- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Panjab University, Chandigarh
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Seats are limited and admission will be given purely on a merit basis.
- +2 Commerce Group or B.Com.I (old scheme) of Panjab University with at least 45% marks in the aggregate.
- +2 any group (other than commerce) with at least three of the following subjects and securing at least 40% marks in aggregate. Commerce, Accountancy, Economics, *Business Organization and Management, Insurance, Banking & trade, commercial Geography, office Mgt. and secretarial practice, stenography practice/ computers, Mercantile Law, Auditing.
Any other examination recognized by the university as equivalent to as given above with the requisite percentage of marks given under each clause. Provided that a candidate seeking admission to the first year of B.Com. should have passed in the subject of English at the +2 examination and in cases where passing in English is not necessary according to the regulations of certain Board/Bodies/Councils/University in India, the admission of the candidate shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after he has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from the parent board/Body/Council/University in two consecutive chances.
- A candidate who has been placed under compartment in the +2 examination conducted by a Board/Body/Council/University in India shall be eligible to seek admission to the first year of B.Com. The course provided he fulfills the following conditions:- I) He should have been placed in a compartment in one subject only. ii) He should have obtained the requisite percentage of marks in the aggregate of the examination as laid down in relevant regulations.
- The students who have the compartment in +2 class with less than 20% marks are allowed to be admitted provisionally, provided they have obtained 20% or above marks in the supplementary examination up to the last date for the submission of the examination form without a late fee for the confirmation of their admission.