About Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies was established in the year 1987 by the Delhi Administration on the initiation of UGC and the Ministry of Human Resources, CBS. The institute is also known as SSCBS. The institute has been named after the Indian revolutionary Sukhdev Thapar. SSCBS is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. Management Studies and Computer Science.The Department of Management Studies offers Bachelors in Business Studies (BBS), Bachelors of Business Administration in Financial and Investment Analysis (BBA [FIA]) are the academic departments of SSCBS. Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies offers courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies is located at Dr. K.N. Katju Marg Rohini Sector 16, PSP Area IV, in Delhi. Rohini West Metro Station is around 3 km away from the institute. Indira Gandhi International Airport is at a distance of 33 km away from the college. Rohini Depot-II Bus Station is just 500 metres from Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Alumni Relations and Outreach Cell - Alumni Relations and outreach Cell is the official alumni engagement and networking cell of Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies that organises various events for the alumni.
- Anthropos - It is the Human Resource Development Cell of SSCBS that strives to mould students into world-class, well-rounded professionals and focuses on Human Resource Development and organises various events namely Inceptra, Speaker Sessions, Mock Interview, Coffee with HR.
- Communique - The Public Relations Cell is responsible for all the PR activities and promotes SSCBS as it is a globally prestigious brand.
- Blitz and Jhankar - This is the Western Dance Society of SSCBS that promotes dance as an art form and participates in various Western Dance Competitions and are a recipient of various prizes.
- Darkroom - The Photography Society of Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies has budding photographers who portray the essence of imagination and takes part in various photography competition in the DU circuit.
- Dhwani – The Music Society of SSCBS - This society has passionate music lovers who showcase their musical talent and participate in various competitions such as Battle of bands, Indian Choir, Western Acapella, Solos and Duets, etc.
- Ecovision - The Economics Society of S.S.C.B.S has like-minded enthusiasts who have an interest in Economics and spreads the knowledge about this subject.
- Enactus - This is a social entrepreneurship society that brings students, academia, business and industrial community together to a single platform and works for the sustainable growth of society and its development.
- Editorial Board - The Literary Society nurtures literary talent and has students who are interested in literature and showcase their creative talent through their writings.
- FinX - The Finance Society of SSCBS has members keen in finance and its related fields and they are given a lot of corporate exposure.
- Fourth Wall Productions - The Dramatics Society promotes the theatre culture and enlightens every aspect of theatre and hosts an annual theatre festival called Raasa in which University of Delhi, IP University, DTU, NSIT and various other colleges participate in this.
- Grandeur - The Consulting and Knowledge Cell, Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies helps the student community through seminars, live industry projects, workshops, and self-development case practice session.
- Kartavya- The Social Service Forum and NSS unit of SSCBS strives to bring positive social changes and creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and students are apart of various social activities such as voters’ awareness, celebrating NSS day, observing Vigilance Awareness week, promoting Swacchta Pakhwada in the college, attending Prime Minister’s address to youth, etc.
- Illuminati – The Quizzing Society of Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies enhances the intelligent quotient and the knowledge of the students through the medium of quizzing.
- KRITI - The Fine Arts Society of SSCBS budding artists who showcase their talent in the field of art and are a part of various competitions ranging from rangoli to tattoo making.
- Lawrence, The Law forum of Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies - This society has students whose minds are bent towards law and legal studies.
- Kronos - The IT Society keeps its members technically upgraded and promote a technology-oriented attitude and makes the students aware of the latest developments in technology.
- Mark-It - The Marketing Society of SSCBS has students who are interested in marketing and organises and hosts various marketing society.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Highlights
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Courses & Fees
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Admissions 2021
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. SSCBS admission to Bachelor of Science - Computer Science (B.Sc. CS) course is based on the marks secured in class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination. Admission to the BMS and BBA FIA programme is based on the scores of DU JAT exam and merit of the qualifying exam, (Best four subjects including Maths, English and other two subjects) with a weightage of 65% and 35% respectively SSCBS PG admission is offered via two channels - merit basis and entrance examination. It is to be noted that merit-based admission is given only to candidates who have completed their graduation from Delhi University. SSCBS admission process is given here in the subsequent part of the article:
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [1 Years Program(s)]
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Student Reviews
Its both fun and enlightening to study there.
Very nice college
Last Seen: 31 May' 21
Joined On: 31 May' 21
Education Interest: Media, Mass Comm. and Journalism
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2021
Provides an eary exposure of corporate world
Last Seen: 31 May' 21
Joined On: 24 Sep' 20
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2023
Best college for undergraduate management course.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Facilities
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies provides facilities to the students for their ease during their college life. There are auditorium and seminar halls that are well furnished for organising events and programmes. The computer lab caters to the computational needs of the students and faculty. Transportation services are provided to the members of the college. The canteen of the institute provides meals and snack at an affordable price whereas the hostels of the college are well equipped with all the necessary facilities. Students can read the detailed SSCBS facilities mentioned here:
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Gallery
Questions related to Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi
Is SSCBS a north campus college?
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies(SSCBS) is not a North campus or a South campus college it is an off campus College established in the year 1987 by the Delhi Administration on the initiation of UGC and the Ministry of Human Resources.
Feel free to ask doubts in the Comment Section.
I hope this information helps you.
What cat percentile will sureshot get me into fms in cw-5 category with average gdpi extempore? Im in graduation final year doing bba from sscbs, DU. 10th - 8.5 cgpa, 12th - 72.2 science. Would applying from obc category be better? Please help.
Generally the percentile required for CW-5 is below than what required for OBC category. OBC candidates requires 95+ percentile in CAT to make through FMS while CW-5 can expect a call at 70+ percentile as well.
Also, the composite score is obviously way lower for cw when compared to obc after extempore and further interview rounds.
Hope this helps.
if i got 54.7 % in du jat .can i get admission in bms ?
It would had been better if you had mentioned your category, since the cutoffs differ for all the categories. Now the first merit list of DU JAT has been released till date along with the college preferences. Based upon the percentile you have scored it will be quite tough for admission to BMS since the cutoffs for DU JAT for general category students are normally higher(considering the fact that you are form general category).
Would suggest you to wait for the next round of merit lists and also for the cutoffs to be released.
I have secured 98.97 percentile in DUJAT 2020 and 95% in class 12 Boards exam. Being a general category student, do i have a chance of securing admission in sscbs?
You have mentioned your 98.97 percentile in DUJAT 2020 exam with 95% in 12th Boards.
First of all, Congratulations for the achievement, you have really performed very well in the exam.
You asked about getting seat in the Saheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, so I want to assure you that you are going to get 100% seat in the counselling for the First Round only bbecause according to the cut-off, the closing percentile for this college is 97 percentile for Round 1 and you are above that also, so you are surely going to get the seat in your preferred stream.
As the results are declared, so Counselling is also going to start in the next two weeks only.
Fill the form for the counselling process and grab your seat for pursuing wished stream in SSCBS college.
Hope that my answer helped you!!
All The Best and Good Wishes for Future!!
I am getting a composite score of 97.6 in DUJAT 2020 i.e. 98.97 percentile in DUJAT and 95% in class 12. Do I have a chance of getting admission in SSCBS?
DU JAT entrance is for admission to BBA/BMS/BEBE in Delhi University affiliated colleges.During selection a weightage of 65% is given to DU JAT score and 35% to academic profile of the candidate.Since you have not mentioned your category , I assume you are from general category.For general category the expected cutoff rank in Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi for BMS is below 160 and for BBA (FIA) it is below 150.Hence based on your percentile you will have a good rank and that means you have high chances to get admission in SSCBS.
To know about previous year category cutoff visit the below link:
All the best
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Related Articles
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies Placement Report 2019-2020; Highest package offered Rs. 18LPA
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies Placement Report 2019-2020: Sha....
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college library is fully - automated. The air-conditioned environment of the library ensures that students enjoy reading up the latest journals and the business newspapers with relative ease. The library adds new titles in its collection on regular basis and the total number of books in the library is 19,498. In addition, the library subscribes to 51 magazines and journals of national and international repute and 13 national and business newspapers. The library made purchases in the field of business communication, computer science, economics, finance, human resource management, marketing and other related areas during the year to enhance the knowledge of the students by exposing them to a greater variety of books and periodicals on their respective subject. Apart from the print resources, teaching and research are also supported by accessing the thousands of Electronic Journals, Reports, and Case Studies through Delhi University Library Network. Moreover, the library has an Institutional membership of DELNET (Developing Library Network) and N-LIST (National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content).
The college has the sports facilities for all students.
The college provides wireless internet to its staff and students. This is available throughout the college building, Hostels, Canteen & Mess area, and attempts are being made to provide it to all of the students.
The college has a canteen facility for staff and students.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar. The college has four seminar rooms which hold pre-placement talks, workshops, and seminars. The rooms are equipped with high-quality electronic devices just like as modern teaching aids such as LCD projector, overhead projector, personal address system, conference system, Recording Facility, Internet & WI-FI etc. Moreover, with a seating capacity of 100, it is the most sought after room for presentations and the like.
The college has departmental based laboratories facility for the students.
The college has good networking for the alumni association.
The college has six well equipped modern computer laboratories, two for the BMS students, two for the B.Sc.(H) Computer Science students, one for the BFIA students and one for PGDCSL students. The college has a network of 30-35 Dell and HP machines in each of the six labs. The computer labs are networked using Windows and Linux platforms. The labs are enriched with a collection of latest software like SPSS, R-Software, E-Views, SQL, Linux, C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, etc. In addition, these labs are equipped with Internet facility, WI-FI, multimedia facilities, printers, scanners, CD writer, DVD writer etc.
The college provides for a bus from the Rohini sec 16 metro station & Rithala metro station to the college and back. The bus timings are fixed and in tandem with the college timings.
The college has boy’s hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a girl's hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a Gym facility for the students.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council