About SRM College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur
SRM College of Pharmacy was established in the year 1992. This is a part of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST). The college offers B.Pharm, M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy and Pharmacy Practice), M.B.A (Pharma), Ph.D. and Pharm .D courses. The College is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University.
SRM College of Pharmacy, Kattankulattur is situated in Potheri, SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu. College is connected with all modes of transportation. Potheri Railway Station is around 4 kms away and Chennai International Airport is around 23 kms away from the college. Students can take a taxi or a bus to reach the College.
Accreditations and Collaborations :-
SRMIST is accredited by NAAC.
International Collaborations :-
- The centre for chemometrics,University of Bristol, UK
- CEERI, Chennai , Bristol University, UK.
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Davis
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Partner's International Medical Services
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
- University of Georgia Athens
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM)
- Queen's University, Ontario
- University of Warwick
- University of Orleans
- Furtwangen University
- HAN University
- All Nations University
- Dubai University
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Anti Ragging Committee: The committee increases awareness and prevents any ill activities like raging inside the campus.
- Placement and Training Cell: This cell helps students to plan their career and get placed in good companies.
- Students Club: This club organise events ranging from club activities and inter house competitions to major events like Shuru, Tarana, Jhalak and Milan.
- Robotics Club: This club motivates students from various disciplines in robotics. It distributes low cost kits, conducts workshops and also organizes competitions.
- Women’s Grievance Redressal Committee: The committee ensures that there is no discrimination amongst any students inside the campus based on caste, religion, gender, etc.
- Internal Complaints Committee: This committee prevents any kind of sexual harassment and promotes gender equality in college premises.
- Student Counselling Services: This club provides counselling to the students in a confidential way who are distress or concern about any issue.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): This club helps students to develop their personality through community service.
Courses & Fees
SRM College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur Admission Process:
SRM College of Pharmacy offers admission to the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. Admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the SRMJEEH examination conducted by the college. The detailed admission process is given below:
- The candidates have to fill an online application form.
- To get admission, the candidates have to qualify SRMJEEH Exam for undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for counselling conducted by the college.
Exams and Cutoffs
SRM College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur provides several infrastructural facilities to the students and faculty such as a library with a collection of books, separate hostels for boys and girls, healthcare facilities, computer centre to give practical knowledge to the students, transportation, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, canteen to serve food. various other facilities like wi-fi, shopping, etc are also available for them.
- Library:- The college has a library that contains a collection of books covering various branches of Engineering and Technology, Medical and Health Sciences and Science and Humanities and its related fields.
- Hostel:- SRM College of Pharmacy having hostel facility for the students. The college having a hostel facility for both boys and girls.
- Healthcare: A 24-hour dispensary is present at the campus with a doctor for any emergency health issue.
- Computer Centre: This is a fully air-conditioned computer center that helps students to get trained in software development and modern computer applications.
- Transportation: SRM provides transportation facilities for the local students and faculty to travel the distance between the college and the city.
- Shopping: SRM college has a mini supermarket inside the campus for daily necessities. It also offers a variety of snacks and beverages.
- Sports:- College provides sports facilities to the students. Both indoor and outdoor games can be played.
- Canteen:- College provide canteen facility to the students and faculty members with quality food at a reasonable price.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college has a boy’s hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a girl's hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has health center with first aid facility for the students.
The college has a Gymnasium facility for the students.
The college has the library facility for all students.
The college has the sports facilities for all students.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
The college has a canteen facility for staff and students.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar.
The college has the transport facility for students and staff.
The college has a good networking for alumni association.
The college has Wi-Fi facility for the students and staff.
The college has departmental based laboratories facility for the students.
The college has the convenience store facility for students. (like photocopying facility & stationery etc.)
The college has the Banks/ATM facilities for all students.
The college has the parking space facility for its faculty, staff, and students.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: