|NEET||02 May, 2021 (Tentative)||Exam | Mode: Offline|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5 Years
- Offered by: Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course is the duration of 5 years, which include 4 years of curriculum plus 1 year of rotating internship. affiliated with Kerala University of Health Sciences, Kerala and approved by Dental Council of India.
The admissions will be done purely on the rank list published based on the merit of the applicants’ rank in NEET
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education of Kerala or equivalent thereto with 50% marks for Biology separately and with at least 50% aggregate marks in the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology put together for the qualifying examination or as per the specifications of the Dental Council of India. Each College will be free to fix higher eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who have passed the B.Sc Degree (Three year course) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Bio-Chemistry as main and any one or two of the above subjects as subsidiaries taken together subject to the condition that they have passed Pre-Degree/Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or Examination recognized as equivalent thereto with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible.
- In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OEBC/OBC and other backward classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination/entrance examination will be 40% instead of 50% as above and must have qualifying marks in English.
- The applicant shall have completed 17 years of age on or before the 31st December of the year of admission to BDS course. No relaxation of the minimum age will be allowed.
- Only Indian citizens of Kerala Origin (Keralite) are eligible for admission. Children or dependents of Non-Resident Indians, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India [OCI] will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission.