St Mira's College for Girls was founded in the year 1962 by visionary saint Sadhu T.L.Vaswani . The college focuses majorly on women empowerment and girls education. St Mira's College for Girls, Pune offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The college always works in the overall development of the students to achieve all the milestones easily. St. Mira's College has been awarded with Potential for Excellence by the UGC. The College is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
St Mira's College for Girls, Pune is located at Koregaon Road, Near Hotel Blue Diamond, Pune, Maharashtra. The college is connected with all the modes of transportation. The nearest railway station is Pune Railway Station which is about 2.3 kms away from the college and the nearest bus stand is Bus Stand, Agarkar Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra about 3 km from the college. College is also connected with Pune International Airport which is about 7 kms away from the college .
Ranking and Accreditations :
St Mira's College for Girls is NAAC accredited.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Club LitWits:- A club of the Department of English. The club also includes in it the JNK group"Japanese and Korean" which helps to understand art, music, television, pop-culture and lifestyle of the janpanese and korean culture.
- Green Club:- The club is working for the environment. Club always promote the environmental activities and events conducted by the students.
- Law Club:- The club is formed under the department of law. Club organizes many events like guest session,Law session etc for students.
- College Development Board
- Grievance Redressal Committee: The committee ensures that there is no discrimination amongst any students inside the campus based on caste, religion, gender, etc.
- Anti-Ragging Committee: The committee increases awareness and prevents any ill activities like raging inside the campus.
- Induction Committee
- Student Council
- NSS: This is an Indian government-sponsored public service programme conducted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
- Girls Hostel:- College provides the hostel facility to girls by providing all other facilities like laundry,food etc.
- Library:- The College has a library facility for the students to achieve proficiency in their respective fields and to incorporate general knowledge.
- Sports:- College provide sports facilities to the students. College is having both indoor and outdoor sports facility for students. Sports played in college is Basketball, Table Tennis, Football, Carrom etc.
- Gym:- College provides gym facility to students by providing all the gym equipment for exercise .
- Canteen:- College also has a canteen facility for students that provides snacks and food. The college canteen provides good quality food at a reasonable price. The college canteen is painted with vibrant colors and design .
- Auditorium:- College also has a large auditorium for students with a sitting capacity of 500 people for various events like seminars,Guest sessions etc.
- Info Tech Centre:- College is also having an advance IT Lab with high speed internet.
- Language Laboratory:- College provides advanced lab facility to students with advanced equipment for the practical purpose.
- Digital Library Facility:
Faculty and occassions
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2014
college faculty and coarse material
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2014
COLLEGE FACULTY AND COURSE MATERIAL
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2014
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 01 May 2022 ; CGPA : 3.41