About Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi
Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi was established by Dr. Annie Besant in the year 1913. The college functions with the support of Krishnamurti Foundation India and is affiliated to Banaras Hindu University. Vasanta College For Women is recognised by the University Grants Commission under 2 (f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students.
Vasanta College For Women is located at Rajghat Road Near Railway Bridge Rajghat, Fort, Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. Kashi Railway Station is around 1km away from the station. Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is approx 26 km away from Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi. The nearest bus station to the college - Kashi Depot is at a distance of 3 km. Candidates can hire a taxi or can take an auto-rickshaw to reach Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi.
Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Students Union: The Student Union of Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi acts as a common link between the students and the teachers and admin department. Students Union represents the students in all matters and takes care of all the activities conducted throughout the year.
- NSS: The members of the National Service Scheme works for the upliftment and betterment of the society through community service and helps the underprivileged section of society so that they can have a better life and the spirit of social service is spread amongst people.
- NCC: National Cadet Corps is a youth development movement that works to serve the nation and become able leaders and spread the spirit of patriotism and service for the nation amongst the students and they are motivated to join the armed forces and work selflessly for the nation making sure that serving the nation will be their first priority. The NCC unit of Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi is affiliated to 28 UP Girls Battalion, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi Highlights
Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi Admissions 2021
Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi Admission
Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students. Admission to UG course is offered on the basis of Undergraduate Entrance Test (UET) conducted by the Banaras Hindu University. Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi PG admission is based on the rank secured in Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test (BHU PET). Admission to the doctoral programme is based on RET conducted by Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi detailed admission process is given below:
- Aspiring candidates have to apply online on the website of Banaras Hindu University.
- Applicants have to appear for Undergraduate Entrance Test (UET) conducted by the Banaras Hindu University in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode which is conducted across 200 cities.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the rank obtained in BHU UET and a category wise cut off list will be released that and every candidate has to meet the cutoff requirement in order to be eligible for the further admission process.
- Candidates who secure a rank in the merit list and meet the cutoff requirement are shortlisted and they are sent a call letter for BHU UET counselling. Candidates have to submit Preference Entry Form for seat allotment and they have to choose Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi as their preference for the seat allotment.
- Further, candidates need to get their documents verified and pay the requisite fee.
Aspirants have to apply an appear for Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test (BHU PET).
Candidates have to meet the BHU PET cutoff requirement that states the minimum rank to be scoured by the aspirants in order to qualify for BHU PET.
Candidates eligible for counselling have to participate in it and they have to choose Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi as their preference for the choice filling during their counselling process.
Aspiring candidates have to get all the documents verified and pay the course fee once the seat has bee allotted to them.
Final admission will be based on marks secured in Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test (BHU PET), participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates desirous to take admission to the doctoral programme have to apply and appear for RET conducted by Banaras Hindu University.
- Candidates who have qualified NET (JRF), NET (LS) and GATE are exempted from the written test.
- There are three stages of the PhD admission procedure
- Test A: To assess Logical and Analytical Capability
- Test B: To assess Subject Knowledge Test
- Test C: Research proposal and Personal Interview to test aptitude for research
- Aspirants have to qualify in all the tests and participate in the counselling process for choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be based on RET, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi Student Reviews
my collage experiance is awesome.
Last Seen: 29 Aug' 20
Joined On: 29 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- BA History Hons
It was great to be a part of it.
It was a wonderful experience.
Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi Facilities
Library, gym, sports, hostel, etc comprises of the infrastructure and facilities at Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi. The gymnasium has a variety of gym equipment and students can use their free time and go to the gym. The canteen of the institute provides healthy and nutritious snacks at an affordable price. Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi has a library that has a rich collection of books. The facilities of Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi are listed below.
- Multipurpose Room/Seminar Hall/Auditorium - The college has Multipurpose Room/Seminar Hall/Auditorium that is used for organising various events, activities and programmes for the students.
- Gym - Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi has a gym that has a variety of gym equipment and students can use their free time and go to the gym for their physical fitness.
- Sports - The institute provides sports facilities to the students and encourages students to participate in the various indoor and outdoor sports and students actively participate in various sports competitions.
- Computer Center - The Computer Centre of Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi caters to all the computational needs of the institute.
- Canteen - The college has a hygienically maintained canteen that provides healthy and nutritious snacks and meals to the members of the institute at an affordable cost.
- Hostel - Vasanta College For Women, Varanasi provides hostel facilities to the students for their accommodation. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, tv, indoor games, etc.
- Library - The library of the institute is sacred to the book lovers and they happily spend their free time at the library. The library of the institute has a rich collection of books.
Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi Gallery
Questions related to Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi
what can be the expected cutoff for ba english honors for general ?
Hope you are doing well.
The expected cut off for B.A (hons) English in Miranda House(closing marks range) for general category is 94.75-95.50.
The expected cutoff in DU for Hansraj college(closing marks range) for general category is 95-96.75.
In Ramjas college expected cutoff is 92.25-95.5.
If you have any other queries you can go through this link: https://university.careers360.com/articles/du-cutoff
Hope this helps you.
All the Best!!!
Vasanta College for Women, Varanasi Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council