|08 Apr, 2020||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|24 Mar, 2020||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
|10 Apr, 2019||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|26 Mar, 2019||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time three/six-year Doctoral program and it is offered by the Indian Institute of Technology Banaras Hindu University Varanasi. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
Admission to will be based on written test and interview of the candidates shortlisted by the Department/School concerned.
- Applicants with master’s degree in engineering in the discipline concerned or in an allied discipline/area must have a minimum of 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) at the master’s degree level.
- Applicants with bachelor’s degree in engineering in the discipline concerned or in an allied discipline/area must have a minimum of 75% marks or 7.5 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) at the bachelor’s degree level. Applicant with more than two years of professional experience, the minimum requirement shall be 70% marks or 7.0 CPI (on 10 point scale) at bachelor degree provide the degree is from an Institution funded by the Central Government.
- Applicants with master’s degree in science as an allied discipline/area (where science is an allied discipline/area), must satisfy each of the following criteria:
- A minimum of 65% marks or 6.5 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) at the master’s degree level,
- A minimum of 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) at the bachelor’s degree level.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in any branch of Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry/Physics/ Applied Physics/Geology or Geophysics (with Mathematics as a subject at Bachelor’s Degree level).
- Master’s degree in Modern Medicine / Indian Medicine (for the areas related to Bioceramics). Preference would be given to candidates with B.Tech./M.Tech. in Ceramic Engineering/with some background of ceramics.