|28 Sep, 2020 (Tentative)||Answer Key - Official NEET Answer key | Mode: Online|
|12 Oct, 2020 (Tentative)||Result - NEET 2020 result | Mode: Online|
|26 Aug, 2020 - 13 Sep, 2020||Admit Card - Release date | Mode: Online|
|13 Sep, 2020||Exam | Mode: Offline|
|04 Jul, 2020 - 20 Jul, 2020||Application Correction - Re-opened | Mode: Online|
|03 Feb, 2020 - 09 Feb, 2020||Application - Completing process by registered candidates | Mode: Online|
|15 Jan, 2020 - 31 Jan, 2020||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|02 Dec, 2019 - 06 Jan, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
|02 Dec, 2019 - 01 Jan, 2020||Others - Application fee payment | Mode: Online|
|21 Aug, 2019||Advertisement | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5.5 Years
- Offered by: Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is a 5.5 years full-time course, which includes 4.5 years of curriculum plus 1 year of rotating internship. Offered by Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute University, Chennai and approved by MCI.
The Selection of students to the medical course shall be based solely on the merit of the candidates and for determination of merit the following criteria can be adopted:
- Admissions in MBBS course will be done through National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG).
- A candidate for admission to the medical course must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology has taken together, both at qualifying and competitive examinations.
- Provided further that in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC) the marks obtained shall be read as 40 % instead of 50 %.
- To be eligible for the competitive entrance examination, the candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above at II (2).
- Based on the Merit of the student appeared in the Qualifying examination and Entrance examination / Viva voice conducted by this university.
1. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) Course the candidate should have completed 17 years on or before the 1st July in the academic year he/she is seeking admission.
2. The candidate shall be admitted to the First Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Course only after he /she has passed a qualifying examination as under:
a). The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 Years of study. The last two years of study should include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 year’s educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education. (Note: where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of 1-year pre-professional training before admission into the Medical College).
b). The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/ Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
c). The pre-professional / pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre-University or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional / pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
d). The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core subject.
e). B.Sc. examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
f). Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board having Physics, Chemistry, and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.