Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi was established in the year 2008. The college is also known as ACMS. The foundation stone of the medical college was laid by Raksha Mantri Shri George Fernandes in the year 2004 and it was inaugurated by Raksha Mantri Shri AK Antony on January 5, 2009. The college functions under the aegis of Army Welfare Education Society and is affiliated with Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi. Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi is recognised by the Medical Council of India.
Army College of Medical Sciences is located at near Base Hospital, Brar Square, Delhi Cantonment in New Delhi. The college is well connected to railways, airway and roadway. Delhi Cantonment Railway Station is around 4 km away from the medical college. The nearest airport to ACMS is Indira Gandhi International Airport and it is approximately at a distance of 15 km away from the college. Supply Bus Depot is around 3 km away from Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi. Naraina Vihar Metro Station is located at a distance of approximately 4 km away from ACMS.
Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi admission
Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi offers MBBS course to the students. Candidates aspiring to take admission to the MBBS course have to appear for NEET-UG exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) and secure the required qualifying percentile. Candidates qualifying the exam have to apply online on the website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) for participation the IPU MBBS counselling process. It is to be noted that admission is offered only to ward of Army personnel, Ex-Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army. ACMS admission process is given below:
- Candidates aspiring to take admission to the MBBS course of Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi have to appear and apply for NEET-UG exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) and secure the required qualifying percentile.
- Admission is offered only to ward of Army personnel, Ex-Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army.
- On the basis of NEET UG scores, candidates have to submit an application form on the website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
- IPU MBBS merit list will be released by GGSIPU, Delhi for shortlisting the medical aspirants for participating the counselling.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the IPU MBBS counselling process for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Final selection for ACMS Delhi admission will be based on the NEET-UG, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi has a well-designed infrastructure and all the essential facilities are provided to the students of the college. The gymnasium is well equipped with a variety of gym equipment and students can use their free time in the gym for a workout for their physical fitness. The cafeteria of ACMS provides healthy and nutritious snacks and meals to the members of the institute at an affordable cost. The library has an enriched collection of books and helps a lot in academic studies. Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi has a hostel complex located in Delhi Cantonment that provides accommodation to the students and has two separate hostels for girls and boys. The facilities provided by the institution are listed below:
- Gym - Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi has a gym that is well equipped with a variety of gym equipment and students can use their free time and go to the gym for their physical fitness.
- Sports - The institute provides sports facilities to the students and encourages students to participate in the various indoor and outdoor sports and keep their body healthy.
- Cafeteria - ACMS has a hygienically maintained cafeteria that provides healthy and nutritious snacks and meals to the members of the institute at an affordable cost.
- Library - The library of the institute is sacred to the book lovers and they happily spend their free time at the library and it has a rich collection of books.
- Hostel - Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi Provides accommodation to the students and has a hostel complex located in Delhi Cantonment and has two separate hostels for girls and boys with all the essential facilities.
Excellent college.Great opportunity to wards of army soldier
Last Seen: 24 Jun' 17
Joined On: 13 Jun' 17
Education Interest: Medical
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
Questions related to Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
hii, I m ashish from UP and my father is retired from army and I want to take admission in acms ,delhi through NEET. so I want to know that how many Marks or rank would be in NEET 2020 to take admission in acms safely .
For ACMS,New Delhi you need to score somewhere around 400 if you have a army background.
It also a very good college with excellent facilities and faculties. Wishing you all the best for your future.
Is ACMS counselling a part of the all India counselling process or does this happen later along with other colleges of the state university.
All the 15% of All India Quota Seats except for Jammu and Kashmir, 100% Seats at Deemed and Central Universities, IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges, Seats at AFMC , AIIMS and JIPMER are filled by DGHS. And the rest are filled through State Quota. Admission to 348 MBBS seats and 43 BDS seats will be filled under State Quota. So to just answer your question, ACMS seats will be filled through State Quota along with other Colleges of State University. For more information, please read our article: https://medicine.careers360.com/articles/ipu-mbbs-application-form and http://theacms.in/media/Admission-Brouchure-19-20-2019A220319.pdf
cutt off marks or air rank for admission in acms 2020 for rajsthan students through defence quota
can anyone please let me know the procedures in order to get an admission into acms delhi after giving neet ug 2021 ?! or when are we supposed to submit the application form for acms?
Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) provides admission on the basis of marks secured in NEET examination.
The admission process is carried out by GGSIPU. You need to visit the online website of university http://www.ipu.ac.in/ and fill the online application forms. Now if you clear the cutoffs, you will be called for document verification and admission confirmation. Further details can be found on the official website itself.
Also, we have a knockout package for NEET, check it out here
information about ACMS college Delhi
Army College of Medical Science is situated in New Delhi and was established in 2008. ACMS is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi, and is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
ACMS offers five and a half years course in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) that includes a 1-year internship.
Candidates can submit the application form in online mode only.
For MBBS course, admissions will be offered for the candidates who have passed the higher secondary examination.
Admission to this program is through NEET.
The counselling process for qualifying candidates is done by GGSIPU.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: