Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda was established in 1993 under Baba Farid Vidyak Society. The Institute is managed by the Chairman Dr. Gurmeet Singh Dhaliwal. Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The College also offers various academic and infrastructural facilities. The Institute offers admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes on various disciplines including B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, B.Tech Civil Engineering, B.Tech Electrical Engineering, B.Tech Information Technology, B.Tech Mechanical Engineering, B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering, M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, M.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering etc.
Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology is located in Muktsar Road, Bathinda, Punjab. The nearest airport from the Institute is the Bathinda Airport which is located 15.7 km away and students can reach the campus in approximately 23 mins. Bathinda Junction Railway Station is the nearest railway station from Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda which is 12.5 km away and students can reach the campus in about 20 mins.
Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
Clubs, Committees & Societies:-
NSS- National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Youth Programme which is established under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. Students of Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology have also conducted various programmes under this scheme including international yoga day, blood donation, leprosy campaign, swachh bharat, literary campaign, mass cleaning, mass tree plantation, road traffic awareness, sand sculpturing, polio vaccine, disaster management, PFMS training etc. to spread awareness among the common people.
NCC- N.C.C has been formed inside Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda to show the importance of living a disciplined life among students which also helps them contribute their part towards the development of the country. The students of the N.C.C group also take part in various other activities including Para Sailing, Gliding, Para dropping, Training Camps, National Integration Camps, Rock climbing and Mountaineering activities Boat Pulling/Sailing and Ship Modelling etc.
Exams and Cutoffs
Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda offers admissions to B.Tech and B.E programmes based on JEE Main scores and to M.Tech and M.E programmes based on the scores of GATE. Detailed description of all programmes and other required details are mentioned below.
For B.Tech/B.E programmes-
Students seeking admissions to B.Tech and B.E programmes have to appear and qualify JEE Main.
Based on the JEE Main scores, students have to apply for counselling procedure conducted by Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology on their official website.
Students have to submit their application forms along with all required documents and pay the amount of fees.
Admissions will be offered after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the Institute.
However, meritorious students are eligible for direct admissions at the institute.
For M.Tech/M.E programmes-
Students seeking admissions to M.Tech and M.E programmes have to appear and qualify GATE.
Based on the GATE scores, candidates have to apply for counselling procedure conducted by the institute on their official website.
Application forms have to be submitted along with all required documents and pay the amount of fees.
Admissions to Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology will be offered after the verification of documents and payment of fees.
Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda provides certain facilities to the students, staff and faculty members of the Institute including hostel, library, seminar hall, workshop, cafeteria, counselling services, gymnasium, insurance, rainwater harvest, solar system, sewage treatment plant, transport, ambulance services etc. Detailed description of all the facilities provided to the students, staff and faculty members of the Institute are mentioned below.
- Counselling Services- Students of Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology are provided counselling sessions by trained counsellors regarding their academics and choosing the right career path. Students are provided with correct advice and are helped in building their confidence, personality for more career opportunities. Students are also helped in preparing themselves better for interviews for job opportunities.
- Hostels- Girls and boys are allotted separate hostels for accommodation. Students are allotted hostels based on the availability of rooms. All the rooms are provided with basic facilities including basic furniture and attached washrooms. Internet facilities and other facilities like a common room having TV and newspaper facilities are also available. All the hostels also have mess facilities of their own serving quality and hygienic food to students. Non-veg and veg meals both are available for the hostellers. Wardens are also there to maintain the rules and regulations of hostels.
- Seminar Hall- The seminar hall of Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda is well equipped with a seating capacity of 500 people provided with all modern audio and video facilities including LCD projectors and speakers.
- Workshop- BFCET also provides various workshop facilities to students including machine shop, foundry shop, fitting shop, welding shop, sheet metal shop, carpentry shop, smithy shop etc. Students are also allowed to use the workshop apart from their syllabus purposes for their undergraduate projects, creative competitive working projects.
- Cafeteria- Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology also has a canteen, NESCAFE, Juice bar and Fast Food Point, Mobile canteen etc which serves a variety of food items to students at affordable prices. Both non-vegetarian and vegetarian food items are available at these food joints.
- Gymnasium- Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda also provides gym facilities to the students of the Institute for keeping themselves physically fit and active. The gym is well equipped with equipment such as Treadmills, Ellipticals, Cycles, Rowers, Plate Loaded & Benches, Stretch, Free Weight & Benches, etc.
- Insurance- All the students of BFCET are covered under the ‘Joint Comprehensive Insurance Scheme’ along with the earning member of the family to ensure the security of students.
- Solar System
- Rainwater Harvest- Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology also has facilities for rainwater harvesting which has a reservoir with a capacity of 14 Lac liter. The rainwater harvesting system has been implemented inside the Institute campus so rainwater can be used for future use and when required.
- Sewage Treatment Plant- A sewage treatment plant has also been constructed inside the campus of Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda to discharge the daily wastewater.
- Transportation- Transportation facilities are also provided to the students and faculty members of BPCET from nearby areas and distant locations. Faculty members are also provided with AC bus facilities. The bus facilities are provided by the Institute to areas of six districts namely Bathinda, Barnala, Faridkot, Sri Muktsar Sahib, Mansa and Sirsa.
- Ambulance Services- Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology also provides ambulance services for the needy ones free of cost in case of emergency to the hospitals.
Good platform for students
Joined On: 21 Feb' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2013
My college's infrastructure is very good. Teachers are awes
Joined On: 10 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2015
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: