BLDEA's VP Dr PG Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Bijapur (BLDEACET) was established in the year 1980 as a private institute by BLDE Association. The campus area is spread over an area of 14 acres in Bijapur. The college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. The college is recognised by AICTE New Delhi. The college is offering 8 UG programmes and 5 PG programmes in Engineering along with MCA & MBA programmes. 5 departments are recognized as Research Centres by VTU, Belgaum to offer Ph.D. and M.Sc. Engg. (by research) programmes. The college offers BE, B.Arch, M.Tech, MBA and MCA programmes.
BLDEACET is located at Ashram Road, Adarsh Nagar, Vijayapura, Karnataka. Bijapur Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 14 km away. Closest railway station to the college is Bijapur Railway Station, located about 4.8 km away. For bus travellers, nearest bus stand to the college is KSRTC Bus Stand, Bijapur, located about 3.1 km away.
BLDEACET is accredited by NBA.
BLDEACET is also accredited by NAAC with a CGPA of 2.69 on a 7 point scale with B+ grade.
BLDEACET has collaborated with the following institutions:
- Flexitron Ltd., Bengaluru
- Hubli Electricity Supply Company (HESCOM)
- VTU Consortium, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
- Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS)
- Agastya International Foundation, Core Science Activity Centre, Vijayapur
- TIF Labs, Bengaluru
- TEROX RNC, Bagalkot
- Lead Foundation, Hubli
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Academic Affairs Committee- This Committee collects student feedback on teaching-learning process, suggest measures to improve overall academic performance of students and analyses semester results. It also assists the principal in the quality improvement in teaching learning evaluation, organises mandatory extra/remedial classes in requirements for under-performing students, monitores syllabus coverage with respect to time according to course information.
- Grievance Redressal Committee- This Committee hears complaints and appeals arising from the policies on evaluation and assessment, academic programmes, student progress, problems arising in the context of their association with the institute, including those involving faculty misconduct in an instructional setting, administrative operations or decisions relating to academic matters.
- Anti Sexual Harassment Committee- The goal of this committee is prevention of sexual harassment should be improved to ensure that legal obligations are being met. It aims provision of a work and educational environment that is free from sexual harassment.
- Finance and Purchase Committee- The responsibility of this Committee is to formulate a Purchase Procedure taking into consideration of small, medium and big expenditure utilizing either institute fund or project grant funds.
- Placement, training and entrepreneurship cell- The goal of this Cell is providing placement, training and business opportunities for the students. They work towards strengthening industry-institute interaction, visiting industries frequently to explore possibilities of student recruitment through campus interviews, preparing list of students along with bio-data eligible for various interviews, making facilities available for the smooth conduct of interviews by visiting industry personnel.
- Board of Appointment and Performance Review- This Board shall review the annual performance summary report prepared by the faculty being reviewed and assess the work and progress toward goals. The board might seek feedback regarding the faculty’s performance from others as appropriate, It will prepare a written evaluation regarding the performance of the faculty being reviewed.
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
This College is accredited by NAAC B+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 25 Sep 2023 and the score is 2.69 .
Exams and Cutoffs
BLDEA's VP Dr PG Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Bijapur Admission Process:
BLDEA's VP Dr PG Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Bijapur offers admission to the postgraduate courses. Admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in entrance examinations. Further, the candidates have to get their documents verified by the admission committee. The detailed admission process is given below:
- Candidates have to appear for PGCET Entrance Examination.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the rank obtained in PGCET.
- For admission under Management Quota, the candidate needs to appear for PGCET/KMAT or appear and qualify under any approved entrance examination conducted by the authority recognised by Govt. of Karnataka/VTU/any other University of Karnataka state.
- For admission under Government quota, ranks obtained in the PGCET exam conducted by KEA will be considered.
- Then, an admission committee consisting of college officials will conduct an interview and select the candidates for admission to the MCA programme.
- Candidates have to appear for CMAT Entrance Examination.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the rank obtained in CMAT.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview for final admission at the institute.
- Final admission will be based on the candidate's performance in the entrance exam, interview, document verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
BLDEA's VP Dr. PG Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Bijapur has adequate infrastructure for the students and faculty such as medical facilities to cater to the medical needs, gymnasium for the physical fitness, transportation for local students, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, separate hostels for boy and girls, library with a collection of books, computer lab to give them practical knowledge. Various other facilities like wi-fi, classrooms, etc are also available for them.
- Library- The Central Library is the primary information resource centre, and repository of all printed and e-resources for teaching and research activities at the institute. Apart from textbooks and recommended reading material prescribed for each course, the library houses a growing collection of research monographs, reports, multi-volume reference works, dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, etc.
- Hostel- The college has a separate hostel for boys and girls having two, three and four-seater rooms. The hostels have tight security and fully equipped common rooms. Students are provided with hygienically prepared nutritious food, a recreation room equipped with TV, facility of games and internet.
- Computer Labs- The college is having 1000 state of the art computers and every department is having 2 Mbps internet connectivity and the main computer centre is having 16 Mbps internet connectivity.
- Classrooms- The classrooms are equipped with audio-video learning equipment like LCD projectors for interactive and modern learning and teaching.
- Wi-Fi - The whole campus has high bandwidth wi-fi connectivity which ensures that students have internet facility available wherever they are.
- Sports Facilities- The infrastructure has been designed with good facilities for sports as well as recreational activities. The college has top sports facilities including the cricket ground, football ground, tennis court, lawn tennis, basketball courts, badminton courts and volleyball courts.
- Transportation- The college runs its own fleet of buses for the convenience of the students and staff members to help them commute from Hostel. Transport Assistance is also provided to students coming to attend Centralised Campus Drives.
- Gymnasium- The college provides the gym facility for all students. The campus is equipped with an in-house gymnasium. It contains equipment like treadmills and strength machines for exercise and workout.
- Medical Facilities- Each hostel is provided with necessary first aid facilities. The college provides free first aid to the students in college campus during working hours. Qualified physicians are available in the close proximity of the college & hostels for consultancy.
I got really friends and I got very very excellent teacher s
Last Seen: 14 Apr' 20
Joined On: 14 Apr' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- BE Computer Science and Engineering
A average nice college
Last Seen: 22 Aug' 19
Joined On: 17 Feb' 16
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
- BE Mechanical Engineering
Good but not best!
Joined On: 11 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
This is the college that gave me my first job
Joined On: 10 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2012
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 25 Sep 2023 ; CGPA : 2.69