Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies, Delhi (DIAS) is an ISO 9001:2015 certified institution. It is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and approved by AICTE. It was established by Shri Laxman Dass Sachdeva Memorial Educational Society. The credibility of education at the Institute is increasingly being realised and recognised by foreign universities as well as the corporate world. The programmes offered by DIAS are MBA, B.Com (Hons), BBA and MBA (Financial Management).
DIAS is located at 6, Pocket E, Sector 25, Rohini, Delhi. Indira Gandhi International Airport is the closest airport to the institute, located about 16.4 km away. The nearest railway station to the institute is Mangolpuri Railway Station, located 7 km away while the nearest metro station is Rithala, located 1.6 km away. The nearest bus station is Rohini Depot-1, located 2.3 km away.
DIAS is accredited by NAAC with an 'A' grade
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Anti-Ragging Committee- This Committee works for preventing ragging cases in the institute. It spreads awareness of indulging in ragging and takes strict measures against those found guilty in ragging.
- Academic Committee- This Committee takes care of the academic-related duties and activities. It evaluates and monitors the academic performance of the students.
- Corporate Interface Committee- This Committee organises seminars/guest lectures from business leaders and entrepreneurs. Direct interaction with industry leaders provides the students with an idea of the corporate world.
- Placement Committee- This Committee does all the placement related duties and activities. It conducts campus placements, invites companies for recruitments, takes feedbacks from the recruiting companies and conducts mock placements.
- Proficiency Cell- This Cell works for the all-round development of the students. It helps them develop their presentation skills, group discussion skills, interview skills, communication skills, quantitative aptitude, analytical reasoning skills, managerial skills, personal grooming.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell- This Cell motivates students to come up with their own business ideas and helps them to develop their ideas into successful entrepreneurial ventures.
- Kartavya- Kartavya is the Social Responsibility Cell of the institute. It aims to instill social service qualities in its members. The members of this club take part in various activities for the betterment of society.
- Eco Club- This Club strives to promote awareness of socially relevant issues. It spreads awareness of socially sensitive issues through campaigns. The Club regularly organises plantation drives, anti-firecrackers campaigns to promote environmental awareness.
Exams and Cutoffs
Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies, Delhi Admission Process:
Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies, Delhi offers admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Admission to the undergraduate courses will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the CET examination conducted by the GGSIPU while for postgraduate courses admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the CAT examination. The detailed admission process is given below:
For BBA/B.Com (Hons.):
- Candidates have to appear for Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
- Then, candidates have to appear for CET counselling conducted by GGSIPU where shortlisting will be done based on the CET score.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission.
For MBA/MBA (Financial Management):
- Candidates have to appear for CAT Entrance Exam.
- Then, candidates have to appear for CET counselling conducted by GGSIPU where shortlisting will be done based on the CAT exam score.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission.
Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)
DIAS provides sufficient facilities to its community. There are 4 computer labs which have more than 190 computers which are equipped with high end servers. Internet facility of 40 MBPS bandwidth is provided to the entire campus via wifi. Edusat classrooms are equipped in the campus. The library is spacious and well-stocked. Classrooms and seminar halls are equipped with modern audio-video equipment. Indoor and outdoor sports facilities are also provided. A language lab is provided in the campus for enhancing the verbal and written communication skills. A cafeteria operates in the campus which serves cooked and packed food items at reasonable prices.
- Computer Labs- The Institute has 4 computer labs with more than 190 computers comprising high end servers and nodes. All labs are networked in Star Topology and the Hybrid Network consists of both Windows & LINUX based Servers.
- Internet- The Institute has a fully operational high speed dedicated Internet of bandwidth 40 Mbps & Wi-Fi to provide fast internet access to the students.
- Edusat Classrooms- The classrooms provide e-learning through latest techniques of distance education using Edusat Satellite services. The live lectures are conducted directly through VSATs (Very Small Aperture Terminal) in classrooms. Live lectures are both interactive and non-interactive in nature.
- Library- The institute library has more than 22,450 books with over 6900 titles and about 10,000 eBooks from EBSCO & DELNET. 1712 Journals & E-Journals in the field of management are also available. The E-Journals are available on EBSCO, DELNET & SAGE platform. The library stocks include reference books, periodicals, research reports and magazines of international standards in the area of Management and general education. THe institute has membership of American Library, National Digital Library, EBSCO & DELNET.
- Classrooms- The classrooms of the institute are well-equipped with audio-video equipment for facilitating modern and interactive learning and teaching.
- Seminar Hall- The institute has a seminar hall which is equipped with audio-video communication equipment for conducting seminars, meetings and workshops etc.
- Sports- INstitute has provided amenities for both indoor and outdoor sports to promote physical fitness along with the mental fitness.
- Language Lab- The institute has established a language lab to enhance the verbal and written communication skills of the students using the most effective training modules.
- Cafeteria- There is a cafeteria in the institute which serves hygienic food and packed items at reasonable prices. It is a common place for students to hang out in leisure time.
The overall college is nice and to work towards your career.
Learned a lot in this college
A college which focus on academics
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council