Harish Chandra Postgraduate College, Varanasi was established in the year 1866 by the profounder of the modern Hindi Language Bharatendu Harishchandra. The institute got affiliated to the University of Gorakhpur in the year 1960 and later on it got affiliated to Purvanchal University, Jaunpur. Currently, Harish Chandra Postgraduate College is affiliated to M.G.Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi and the affiliation year was 2009. Arts, Commerce, Science, Education and Law. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students and Arts, Commerce, Science, Education and Law are the full-fledged faculties of Harish Chandra Postgraduate College, Varanasi. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there.
Harish Chandra Postgraduate College is located at Maidagin Crossing, Daranagar, Kotwali, Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. Varanasi Junction Railway Station is around 3.3 km away from the institute. Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is around 24 km away and Kashi Bus Depot is around 2 km away from Harish Chandra Postgraduate College, Varanasi.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them and focuses on community service.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces. Students are also given opportunities to be a part of national-level camps.
Harish Chandra Postgraduate College, Varanasi offers admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the student. Admission to all the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes except for B.Ed is based on the marks secured in the entrance test conducted by the college. Harish Chandra Postgraduate College offers admission to B.Ed on the basis of UP B.Ed JEE scores. Harish Chandra Postgraduate College admission process is given below:
Admission to all courses except B.Ed
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of M.G.Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi.
- Aspirants have to appear for the entrance examination conducted by the college.
- Candidates qualifying the entrance examination will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will further participate in institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be based on the marks secured in the entrance exam, participation in the institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for UP B.Ed JEE and secure valid scores.
- Based on UP B.Ed JEE scores, candidates have to apply online on the website of M.G.Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of UP B.Ed JEE scores and shortlisted candidates will move to the final round of admission that is institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be based on UP B.Ed JEE scores, institute level document verification and fee payment.
Harish Chandra Postgraduate College, Varanasi has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
Library: The institute has a library that has a wide range of text and reference books for the students and is an ideal spot for book lovers and there is a separate reading room with a seating capacity of 70-80 students.
Sports: Harish Chandra Postgraduate College provides sports facilities and encourages urges students to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Computer Centre: Harish Chandra Postgraduate College, Varanasi satisfies all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty through its computing centre and has about 15 computer. This centre provides broadband internet facilities to the students and the faculty.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: