- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) is a three-year full-time diploma programme offered by Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai and approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC).
Minimum & Maximum age for admission will be 17 & 35 years respectively. For ANM / LHV there is no age bar.
- 10 +2 class passed or its equivalent preferably with Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subject with aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science - Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- ANM training 10 + 1 ½ years should also have passed +2 or its equivalent examination
- Admission of students shall be once in a year
- Students shall be medically fit.
- Boys also will be admitted.
- Married candidates are also eligible