About Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi
Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi was established by Shri Brij Krishan Chandiwala, in the memory of his mother Smt. Janki Devi in the year 1959. 95% of the grant is received by JDMC through University Grants Commission and the remaining 5% is received through the Banarasidas Chandiwala Sewa Smarak Trust and Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi is recognized under section 2 (f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act. The institute is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. JDMC offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students.
Janki Devi Memorial College is located at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Marg, Old Rajinder Nagar, Rajinder Nagar in New Delhi. The nearest metro station to the college is Karol Bagh which is at a distance of around 1 km. New Delhi Railway Station is around 4 km away from and Indira Gandhi International Airport is around 18 km away from the JDMC. Rajendra Place is around 3 km away from the institute.
Accreditation and Collaboration:
- Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
JDMC has the following collaboration
- Netherlands Embassy & ECORYS
- Cleveland Institute of Technology (CIT), USA,
- The University of Sunderland, UK
- University of Delhi
- Bliss Foundation
- University of Munster
- ATS Learning Solutions
Clubs, Committees and Societies
Anubhuti - This is the Street Play Society of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi that has students interested in acting and drama and performs street plays and nukkad nataks on various issues of the society and tries to bring a change as a responsible citizen.
'Aamdani'-The Finance and Investment Cell - This Cell of JDMC promotes investment and helps students in gaining knowledge about finance and the stock market and organises various workshops and events related to this field.
Chetna - This society of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi works for a social cause and works with Vivekananda International Foundation to empower the youth of the nation and helps them in becoming compassionate human beings who are ready to work for the betterment of the society.
Rhetorque - This is the English Debating Society of the college that offers opportunities for students to showcase their oratory skills and participate in debates and discussions and explain their point of view to the audience.
Entrepreneurship Cell - This Cell is also known as Impreneurs that guides and motivate women to aspire to be entrepreneurs and spread the entrepreneurship culture amongst them and students are a part of various entrepreneurship development programmes, seminars, workshops, etc.
Euphonie - This is the western music society of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi that has music lovers performing music in western style and in various forms such as duets, solos, trios, choir, etc.
Iridescent - This is the Creative Writing Society of JDMC that has students who are passionate about writing and this society has also established a book club.
Jhankaar Folk Dance Society - This society has students who showcase their dancing talent to the audiences through participation in various folk dances.
Kalakriti Art Club - This is the Art Club of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi that provides a platform to the artistic and creative mind to showcase their talent in arts.
Logos - Logos is the Literary Society of JDMC that acts as a common platform for healthy discussion, voicing their opinions and developing interest in the performative literary arts.
Lumiere- Film and Photography Society - This society has budding photographers and students who are interested in film making and are a part of various events and competitions in this field.
Nupur - Indian Classical Dance Society - This society has Indian Classical Dance dance performers who perform dance in forms such as Bharatnatyam, Kathakali, Kathak, etc.
The North East Students Group - This society of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi organises various cultural programmes promoting the culture of the 8 states of the Northeast states and also performs folk dance.
NRITYA - This is the Western Dance Society of JDMC that has elegant dancers who give performances in western style.
Sarang The Indian Music Society - This society has students who are passionate about music and actively participate in musical events and performs Indian Music and mesmerize the audience.
NCC: National Cadet Corps of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi motivates and encourages the youth work to serve the nation selflessly along with spreading the spirit of patriotism and service for the nation amongst the young citizens of India. The young minds are motivated to join the armed forces and work selflessly for the nation and make sure that serving the nation will be their very first priority.
Courses & Fees
Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi Admission
Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. Admission to undergraduate courses is based on the marks secured in class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination whereas postgraduate admission is offered via two channels - merit basis and entrance examination. It is to be noted that merit-based admission is given only to candidates who have completed their graduation from Delhi University. Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi admission process is given below in details:
- Candidates aspiring to take admission to UG course of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi have to submit an online application along with all the necessary documents for admissions.
- Based on the basis of the marks secured in class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination, Delhi University will release a cut off list each course separately.
- The highest marks secured in a total of four subjects (best four) will be calculated.
- Aspirants have to meet the cut off the requirement of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi for the course they want to take admission.
- Candidates who meet the cutoff requirement of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi have to log in to the admission portal and choose Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi and the undergraduate course they wish to take admission.
- Aspirants have to download the admission form of JDMC from the admission portal and then report to the college campus where they have to get their documents verified and pay the fee online through the portal.
- Final admission to the UG programmes will be based on merit, document verification and fee payment.
According to the PG admission procedure, all the departments of Delhi University, except those offering inter-disciplinary or professional courses, offer admission to PG courses via two channels - merit basis for 50% seats and entrance exam DUET for the remaining 50% seats. Only candidates who have completed their UG programmes from the University of Delhi are offered merit-based admission (on the basis of qualifying exam or graduation).
Through Entrance Exam
- Eligible candidates have to register on the common DU PG admissions portal.
- After the submission of the application form, aspirants have to appear for Delhi University Entrance Examination (DUET) conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency).
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the aspirants in the entrance test and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of merit of the entrance examination move to the final stage of the admission process and they have to get their documents verified and pay the requisite fee.
- Admission to the PG programme will be confirmed only after the candidates qualifying the exam have got their documents verified and have paid their fees.
- Aspiring candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria have to register online and submit an online application for admissions on the common admission portal of DU.
- A cut off list will be released by the university based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination/graduation for different courses.
- Candidates have to meet the cut off requirement and aspirants meeting the cut off requirement have to report to the institution for admission for institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission to the PG courses of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi will be based on merit, document verification and fee payment.
My experience at Janki Devi Memorial College, DU
Last Seen: 19 Aug' 20
Joined On: 19 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2013
- B.Com Hons
Good college with a few bad points.
Good college with some downside.
college life is all about Exploring
Last Seen: 23 Mar' 20
Joined On: 15 May' 19
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- BA History Hons
Last Seen: 19 Apr' 20
Joined On: 02 Jun' 17
Education Interest: n/a
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
- BA Economics Hons
Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi has adequate infrastructure supporting the proper functioning of the college. It also provides essential facilities to the students. The auditorium has a seating capacity of more than 2000 people whereas the laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment. Students od JDMC can take part in various sports such as volleyball, cricket, table tennis, etc to keep their body healthy and fit. The cafeteria is quite spacious and caters to the food requirement of the college and it is supervised by the Canteen Committee. Safe and secured accommodation is also provided to the girls of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi. The facilities of JDMC are listed below:
- Auditorium: Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi has a fully equipped open-air auditorium which is used in organising events and activities for the students and it has a seating capacity of more than 2000 people.
- Laboratories: JDMC has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure during their practical sessions. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Sports: Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being and it has a Tennis Court, Volleyball Courts, Basketball Court, Net Ball Court, Shot-put and Discus arena, area for Football, Softball, Archery, Cricket, Hockey, Chess Room, Table Tennis Area, Fitness Centre, etc.
- Cafeteria: The college has a spacious cafeteria that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students and it is supervised by the Canteen Committee that consists of the Principal, Staff Advisors, Bursar, Staff Council Secretary, Staff, Association Secretary and the President of the Student Union.
- Hostel: Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi has a hostel named Krishna Hostel that provides safe and secured accommodation to the girls. The hostel has all the necessary facilities along with a common room and a reading room.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 11 Sep 2022 ; CGPA : 2.76