Admission Process 2021
Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi Admission
Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. Admission to undergraduate courses is based on the marks secured in class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination whereas postgraduate admission is offered via two channels - merit basis and entrance examination. It is to be noted that merit-based admission is given only to candidates who have completed their graduation from Delhi University. Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi admission process is given below in details:
- Candidates aspiring to take admission to UG course of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi have to submit an online application along with all the necessary documents for admissions.
- Based on the basis of the marks secured in class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination, Delhi University will release a cut off list each course separately.
- The highest marks secured in a total of four subjects (best four) will be calculated.
- Aspirants have to meet the cut off the requirement of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi for the course they want to take admission.
- Candidates who meet the cutoff requirement of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi have to log in to the admission portal and choose Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi and the undergraduate course they wish to take admission.
- Aspirants have to download the admission form of JDMC from the admission portal and then report to the college campus where they have to get their documents verified and pay the fee online through the portal.
- Final admission to the UG programmes will be based on merit, document verification and fee payment.
According to the PG admission procedure, all the departments of Delhi University, except those offering inter-disciplinary or professional courses, offer admission to PG courses via two channels - merit basis for 50% seats and entrance exam DUET for the remaining 50% seats. Only candidates who have completed their UG programmes from the University of Delhi are offered merit-based admission (on the basis of qualifying exam or graduation).
Through Entrance Exam
- Eligible candidates have to register on the common DU PG admissions portal.
- After the submission of the application form, aspirants have to appear for Delhi University Entrance Examination (DUET) conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency).
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the aspirants in the entrance test and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of merit of the entrance examination move to the final stage of the admission process and they have to get their documents verified and pay the requisite fee.
- Admission to the PG programme will be confirmed only after the candidates qualifying the exam have got their documents verified and have paid their fees.
- Aspiring candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria have to register online and submit an online application for admissions on the common admission portal of DU.
- A cut off list will be released by the university based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination/graduation for different courses.
- Candidates have to meet the cut off requirement and aspirants meeting the cut off requirement have to report to the institution for admission for institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission to the PG courses of Janki Devi Memorial College, New Delhi will be based on merit, document verification and fee payment.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
Selection will be based on the rank computed from the combined weighted average of percentage scored in the All India Joint Entrance Test and the percentage scored in the qualifying examination where the weights are: Entrance Test: 65%, Qualifying Examination: 35%
The percentage scored in the qualifying examination used for preparing the rank is calculated as the simple average of the percentage scored in the qualifying.