- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysuru
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) course offered by ccc and approved AICTE and PCI India. The duration of the course shall be six academic years (five years of study and one year of internship or residency). The period of six years duration is divided into two phases –
Phase I– consisting of First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth academic year.
Phase II – consisting of internship or residency training during the sixth year involving posting in specialty units. It is a phase of training wherein a student is exposed to actual pharmacy practice or clinical pharmacy services and acquires skill under the supervision of a preceptor so that he or she may become capable of functioning independently.
A pass in any of the following examinations -
- 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the two subjects: Mathematics or Biology.
- A pass in D.Pharm course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
- Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examinations.
- Provided that a student should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the course.
- Provided that there shall be reservation of seats for the students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and other Backward Classes in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government/State Government/Union Territory Administration as the case may be from time to time.