Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology (KCTE), Virudhunagar was established in the year 1998. KCET is supported by the Virudhunagar Hindu Nadars' Devasthanam and Hindu Nadars' Mahamai Tharappus in Virudhunagar. The campus spreads over 47.92 acres of land. KCET is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The College offers undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.Tech) courses. Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology is affiliated to the Anna University.
KCET is located at S.P.G. Chidambara Nadar, C. Nagammal Campus, Vellakulam, Tamil Nadu. Kalligudi Railway Station is 3.7 km away and Lalapuram Bus Stand is 7.5 km away from the Institute. Madurai Airport is 36.9 km away and it will take around 41 minutes to reach the College. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- KCET is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- KCET is also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- SEGi University, Malaysia
- Wisconsin University, USA
- N.Rama Varier
- M/s. IBM India Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
- M/s. Amogaa Products Private Limited
- M/s. Tessolve Semiconductor Private Limited
- M/s. Software International Limited, Bangalore
- M/s. Virudhunagar Plastic Manufacturers Association (VIPMAS), Virudhunagr
- M/s. Bhargave Rubber Pvt. Ltd, Madurai
- M/s. All India Rubber Industries Association (Sr), Chennai
- M/s. Monarch Industrial Products (I) Pvt. Ltd. Theni
- M/s. Global Polybags Industries (P) Ltd., Virudhunagar
- M/s. Wood-K Plus, Austria
- M/s. Aurora Technovasion
- National Institute of Technology, Trichy
- Barry Wehmiller International
- M/s. Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board, Virudhunagar
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- NSS: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- NCC: NCC encourages the cadets (boys and girls) to join the defense forces and to be the disciplined citizens of the country.
- Youth Red Cross (YRC): The members of this club provides service to the sick people. It also organises various camps like eye camps, health awareness caps, stress management, fire safety cams, etc.
- Red Ribbon Club (RRC): This Club supports people living with HIV/AIDS and helps them to identify their ray of hope.
- Rotaract Club: This club is for the young generations between 18 to 30 who are dedicated to community and international service. Interested students can register themselves by paying the registration fee.
Browse by Degree
Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology offers admission to undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.Tech) courses. Admission to undergraduate course is done through TNEA counselling process while for M.Tech aspirants have to appear for the GATE/TANCET examination followed by counselling process. The detailed admission processes are given below:
- Based on their required marks in the qualifying exam (12th or equivalent exam), candidates need to register and participate in TNEA counselling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission based on performance in class 12th, participation in TNEA counselling, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidate needs to appear for GATE/TANCET Entrance Exam and obtain a valid score.
- Then, the candidate has to register and appear for TANCET counselling based on their GATE and TANCET scores.
- First preference will be given to candidates with GATE score and then to TANCET score.
- Based on TANCET counselling, document verification and fee payment, selected candidates will be offered admission.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar provides many infrastructural facilities to the students and faculty such as a library with a collection of books, separate hostels for boys and girls, transportation for the day scholars. KCET also provides a conference hall for meetings, computing facilities, and laboratories to give practical training to the students. Various other facilities like counselling, separate restrooms for boys and girls, sewage treatment plant and internet are also available for them.
- Library: KCET has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students. Students can avail the facility of the digital library.
- Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Transportation: The institute provides bus services to the students, staff and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
- Conference Hall: KCET has a conference hall for conduction of events, activities, functions, etc for the students.
- Computing Facility: This centre meets the central computing requirements of the students, teachers and the staff.
- Professional Counselling: The mentors help to resolve and avoid potential problems of the students. They encourage the students as well as guide them to achieve their goals.
- Laboratories: KCET has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Girls Rest Zone: This area is restricted to girls only and is spacious and well furnished and meets the demands of the girl students.
- Boys Rest Zone: This area is restricted to boys only and is spacious and well furnished and meets the demands of the girl students.
- Sewage Treatment Plant: The institute has a Sewage Treatment Plant for optimum utilisation of water resources throughout the campus.
Nice college I have learnt more from this college
This college would have the extra ordinary people
Iam very happy to say that iam one of the student of kamaraj
Good college to study
Last Seen: 15 May' 17
Joined On: 31 May' 14
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2015
- BE Computer Science and Engineering
"Great place to SCULPT YOUR CAREER"
Last Seen: 13 Oct' 15
Joined On: 13 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2014
- BE Computer Science and Engineering
Questions related to Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar
what is b.tech polymer technology?suggest its scope?
Polymer Engineer is related to converting natural and synthetic raw materials into a host of products that include plastic, rubber, textile fabric and advanced materials. An undergraduate course in Polymer Engineering helps the aspirants to get innovative ideas on the application of polymer materials and developing polymer processing. B.Tech or BE in Polymer Engineering is a 4-year program. The students are trained in various Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software such as Accelrys, Material Studio for molecular simulation etc. Apirants can also pursue M.Tech in Chemical and Polymer Engineering after graduating in B.Tech or BE program.
Scope of Polymer Engineering:
Graduates and postgraduates in Polymer Engineering can be employed as:
- production supervisors, quality control inspectors, mold designers, and production planners in several private and public sector companies.
- technologists or polymer scientists
- lecturers or professors in engineering institutes.
- Research and development, quality control, design and manufacture of molds etc.
For more information about Polymer Engineering you can visit:
how much the fees of this college?
Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, SPG Chidambara Nadar – C.Nagammal Campus, SPGC Nagar, K.Vellakulam, Near Virudhunagar, Madurai District - 625701, Tamil Nadu, India
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council