- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai
Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering is a three-year full-time course offered by Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The candidates who passed X standard or equivalent examinations with Mathematics and Science subjects are eligible for admission into polytechnic colleges.
- There is no age restriction to join the Diploma Courses.
For Lateral entry: into the second year (III Semester) of the three year diploma courses, the candidates shall be required to have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (Vocational) of 10 and +2 pattern or ITI (must have passed SSLC & two year ITI)
- Students passing 12th Science with Vocational/ Technical subjects or Xth +(2 years ITI) with appropriate specialization in that order shall be eligible for admission to the second year.
- Vocational Stream candidates should have studied either Maths or Physics or Chemistry as one of the subjects of study along with the related vocational subjects (Theory & Practical ) at 10 and +2 level. There is no age limit for the admission.