About KMC Mangalore
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore (KMC Mangalore) was established in 1955 as a part of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education along with other two hospitals Government Wenlock Hospital and Government Lady Goschen Hospital. KMC Mangalore got established as an independent medical college in 1977. The college is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). KMC Mangalore courses include undergraduate (MBBS programmes), postgraduate (M.S and M.D programmes) and research (M.Sc) courses.
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore is located in Light House Hill Rd, Hampankatta, Karnataka. The nearest airport from the institute is the Mangalore International Airport which is located 13.6 km away. Students can hire a cab and reach the campus in about 25 mins. The nearest railway station from KMC Mangalore is the Mangalore Central Railway Station which is 1.1 km away and students can reach the campus in approximately 2-3 mins.
- University of Kentucky
- Université de Lille
- Leiden University Medical Center
- University of Mississippi
- Maastricht University
Clubs, Communities & Societies:-
- Volunteer Services Organisation (VSO)- VSO was established on September 17, 2007 with an objective to help the underprivileged people to become a better person by gaining new skills. Volunteer Services Organisation has a strength of over 3000 members from other colleges of Manipal and Mangalore related to KMC Mangalore.
KMC Mangalore Highlights
KMC Mangalore Courses & Fees
KMC Mangalore Admissions 2021
KMC Mangalore Admission Procedure:-
KMC Mangalore offers admissions to MBBS programmes based on NEET UG scores and to M.D and M.S programmes based on NEET PG scores. Students also need to register and qualify the All India level counselling conducted to offer admissions to various medical colleges of India based on NEET scores. Kasturba Medical College Mangalore also offers admissions to M.Sc programmes based on the scores of Manipal Entrance Test (MET) conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). Students also have to appear for the counselling process conducted to offer admissions to M.Sc programmes. The details of Kasturba Medical College admission process can be checked below:
KMC Mangalore admission process for MBBS programme-
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBBS programme need to appear and qualify NEET (UG).
- After scoring the qualifying marks in NEET (UG), candidates will have to register themselves for NEET (UG) counselling.
- Candidates will register themselves for counselling of NEET (UG) on the official website of NEET along with all required documents and payment of fees.
- Candidates need to opt for Kasturba Medical College Mangalore as their first preference while doing the choice locking in the NEET UG counselling.
- Candidates will get admission to the MBBS programme based on NEET (UG) counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification, merit and fee payment.
- Candidates seeking admission to M.D/M.S programmes need to appear and qualify NEET (PG).
- Based on the qualifying marks achieved by candidates in NEET (PG), they will have to register themselves for NEET (PG) counselling on the official website of NEET.
- Candidates need to submit all the necessary documents along with required fees while doing the registration for NEET (PG) counselling.
- Candidates need to select Kasturba Medical College Mangalore as their first preference in the NEET (PG) counselling.
- Candidates will be offered admissions based on several factors including NEET (PG) counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification, merit and payment of fees.
KMC Mangalore M.Sc. admission process:
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Sc programmes need to appear and qualify Manipal Entrance Test (MET) conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
- Students need to qualify MET to appear for the counselling process conducted by the authority.
- Qualified candidates have to apply for the counselling process on the official website of the institute along with required documents and fees.
- Students will be offered admissions to M.Sc programmes after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees.
KMC Mangalore Placements
Engineering and Architecture (P.G.D)
Medicine and Allied Sciences (M.D.)
Medicine and Allied Sciences (M.B.B.S.)
KMC Mangalore Exams and Cutoffs
KMC Mangalore Student Reviews
Great academics but poor campus life
Last Seen: 23 Jul' 20
Joined On: 24 Jun' 18
Education Interest: Pharmacy
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
Kmc helped realize my childhood dream!
Last Seen: 28 Jun' 20
Joined On: 20 May' 15
Education Interest: Medical
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
The most unexpected gift I've recieved in my life
Last Seen: 11 Jun' 20
Joined On: 11 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Medical
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
All I can say kasturba medical college need no recommendatio
KMC Mangalore Facilities
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Facilities:
provides some facilities to the students and faculty including hostels for boys and girls, library with a collection of books, laboratories to provide practical knowledge to the students, hospital, lecture hall, community radio, etc. Students can read the details of the KMC Mangalore facilities given below:
- Hostel- There are nine hostels in KMC Mangalore which provides separate accommodation to boys and girls. Five hostels are allotted to girls and four hostels are allotted to boys. Hostels are allotted to students based on the availability of rooms. All basic facilities are provided inside the hostels. All hostels are provided with wardens to maintain the rules and regulations of hostels.
- Library- The library has a collection of 41782 books and also subscribes to 350 journals per year. The library is provided with a seating capacity of more than 400 people. The library is also fully equipped with air-conditioners and internet facilities providing easy access to information for students and staff over the internet. The library was established in the year 1953.
- Lecture Hall- The lecture hall is equipped with modern audio and visual facilities, LCD projectors to ensure efficient conduction of lectures, seminars etc. All the lectures by eminent professors and trained professionals are conducted inside the lecture hall.
- Hospital- KMC Mangalore has two hospitals associated with it namely Government Wenlock Hospital and Government Lady Goschen Hospital providing all medical services and treatment to patients.
- Laboratories- All the laboratories are provided with modern equipment for conducting practicals and experiments. Different labs are provided related to different subjects where all practical exams are held. All the labs also have lab technicians to guide the students while conducting practical classes and experiments.
- Community Radio- There is a community radio running inside the Kasturba Medical College that runs an information and latest news.
(Rank 4th in Private)
KMC Mangalore Gallery
Questions related to KMC Mangalore
which counselling to attend to get mbbs government seats in kmc mangalore? ( and also I am from karnataka itself)
KMC, Mangalore is a Deemed University and so you should apply for All India Counselling for a seat in KMC, Mangalore. Under All India Quota, All the 15% of All India Quota Seats except for Jammu and Kashmir, 100% Seats at Deemed and Central Universities, IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges, Seats at AFMC, AIIMS and JIPMER are filled by DGHS. . For a complete list of colleges that you may have a shot at, please use our College predictor: https://medicine.careers360.com/neet-college-predictor?icn=QnA&ici=qna_answerRound NMC has released the schedule for All India Counseling and you can check that at: https://mcc.nic.in/UGCounselling/Documents/FinalUGSchedule.pdf
is there karnataka hyderabad reservation for 2A students in kmc mangalore
Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore offers reservation for Hyderabad-Karnataka category students belonging to 3BH, GMH, GMKH and SCH category only. Based on previous year's cutoff list, 2AH students were not allotted any seats. So, if you belong to 2A category with Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation, seats are not reserved at KMC Mangalore.
Hope it helps.
my score is 531..general category,,,chances of admission in kmc mangalore or manipal
very less chances...bcoz in first round cutoff is 559 and 2nd round its 554 and in mopup cutoff may increase and cross 560
MY neet 2020 score is 518 and my rank is 72401. and I belong to SC category will I get admission in KMC, Mangalore. And Im from Tamil Nadu.
Last year the cut off for management quota seats in Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore was a rank of 31139. So based on this, you will not get a management quota seat in Kasturba Medical College. However, you will get a NRI Quota seat in Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. To get a list of colleges in which you will get a MBBS/BDS seat, you can use NEET College Predictor https://medicine.careers360.com/neet-college-predictor?icn=QnA&ici=qna_answer
kmc mangalore fees for government seat
Hello dear student,
The fee structure of kmc Mangalore is -
Catagory A(Govt)-Rs 111953 ,
Catagory B(Mgmt)-Rs 1310000 ,
Catogory C(NRI)-USD 51200
As you have asked for the government quota seat for KMC Mangalore is Rs. 111953.
While the hostel fees is Rs 118500.
I hope this was helpful
KMC Mangalore Related Articles
Medical College Director Interview: It’s quality education that matters the most, says KMC Mangalore Dean
Dr. M. Venkatraya Prabhu, Dean at Kasturba Medical College (KMC) Mangalor....
KMC Mangalore Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: