- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Bangalore University, Bangalore
M.Sc Microbiology is a full-time two-year course and it is offered by MS Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce, Bangalore and affiliated to Bangalore University, Bangalore
Microbiology, one of the fastest growing areas of science, is the study of organisms so small that they must be viewed with a microscope. These organisms are primarily bacteria, yeasts, molds, and viruses. Microbiology typically includes the study of the immune system, or Microbiology is a broad term which includes mycology, bacteriology, immunology, and other branches. A microbiologist is a specialist in microbiology and these related topics. Many of the most important scientific discoveries of recent years have been made by microbiologists: since 1910, one-third of the Nobel Prizes in medicine and physiology have been awarded to microbiologists.
- A candidate who has passed BSc Degree of Bangalore University or any other University equivalent thereto with any LIFE SCIENCE subject securing 50% marks in aggregate of all Optional Subjects.
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. Biotechnology/B.Sc Biotechnology (integrated) and Secured 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc Hons in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, or Biology are also eligible with 50% marks in aggregate of all the optional subject.
- The following Graduates are also eligible (in absence of I, II, III above) with 50% marks in aggregate
- Bachelor in Agricultural sciences/Dairy Sciences/Horticulture/Forestry/Fisheries/Pharmacy/Engineering (Bio-Technology)/Medicine/Dental/Agricultural Engineering/Clinical Lab Techniques.