- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai
Bachelor in Optometry (B.Optom) is a full-time Four-year undergraduate degree course offered by the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai. This is a 4 years Bachelors degree course. First 3 years of theory and practicals and the 4th year is a compulsory Internship to be done at various branches of M N Eye Hospital Pvt. Ltd. , Chamadhi Nethralayam Eye Hospital and Vision Centres.
- Applicants should have passed their higher secondary examination (+2)with science subjects (Physics, chemistry, Biology and Maths/Computer Science or Physics Chemistry, Botony and Zoology).
- Lateral Entry to II year B.Optom is allowed by the university. Candidates who have passed a 2 years Diploma course in Optometry from a recognized university can apply for lateral entry. Work experience is not necessary. These students will have to study II , III and IV year of B .Optom.
- 4th Year Internship is compulsory for all students.
- Students must have completed their 3 years examinations without any arrears to be allowed for the 4th Year Internship.
- Academic years starts in August every year. Yearly Non – Semester University examinations are conducted in August by The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University.