Patna Women's College (PWC), Patna was established by Bishop B.J. Sullivan, S.J., Bishop of Patna and Mother M. Josephine A.C. Superior General of the Apostolic Carmel in the year 1940. The campus is spread over 5.2 acres of land. PWC is approved and granted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and University Grants Commission (UGC) respectively. The College offers undergraduate (BA (Hons), B.Com (Hons) and B.Sc (Hons), B.Ed), postgraduate (MCA, MA, M.Sc) courses in various domains. PWC is affiliated to Patna University.
Patna Women's College is located at Bailey Road, Kidwaipuri, Patna, Bihar. Patna Junction is 2.3 km away and will take around 10 minutes to reach the College. Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport is 5.4 km away that will take around 15 minutes for the students to reach the Institute by hiring a cab. Students can take a taxi or a bus to reach PWC.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- PWC is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Kurji Holy Family Hospital, Patna
- St. Xaviers College (Autonomous), Mumbai
- Christ (Deemed to be University), Bangalore, India
- National Stock Exchange of India Limited
Patna Women's College, Patna Admission Process:
Patna Women's College offers admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Admission to the undergraduate courses will be done on through an entrance examination conducted by the university while for postgraduate courses aspirants have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the college. The detailed admission process is given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Sc (Hons)/BA(Hons)/B.Com (Hons)/B.Ed):
- Candidates have to appear and qualify for the Patna University Common Eligibility Test (PUCET).
- Based on the marks scored in PUCET, the candidates have to fill an application form for the counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on the marks scored in PUCET exam, performance in counselling process and the final fee payment.
- For B.Ed, candidates have to appear for the Combine Entrance Test for B.Ed (CET-B.Ed.) conducted by the University.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the counselling process.
- Final admission will be done on the basis of the marks secured in entrance examination and counselling process.
For Postgraduate Courses (MCA/M.Sc/MA):
- For MCA, candidates have to fill an application form for admission to the College.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the College.
- Further, the shortlisted candidates have to appear for an interview process.
- Final admission will be done on the basis of the performance in the entrance test, and interview.
- For MA, M.Sc, admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the Entrance Test.
Various infrastructure and facilities like hostels, library, gymnasium, sports, laboratories, canteen and medical facilities are provided by Patna Women's College for the students and faculty. Various other facilities like internet, research labs, etc are also available for them.
- Hostels: The Institute has a hostel facility for girls. The Hostel Canteen serves nutritious and healthy food cooked under hygienic conditions
- Library: The Library has a mixed collection of both print and electronic format, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
- Sports: The College provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities for the students. The institute has maintained cricket, football ground, tennis court, etc.
- Laboratories: The Institute has laboratories for each department for the students to have practical knowledge of what they learn.
- Canteen: Canteen is available at the College premises that serves food to the students and faculty at a reasonable price.:
- Medical Facilities: The institute has a medical room and ambulance facility available for any kind of medical emergency.
Good college. Bright students.
It's good to share my experience here.
These three year are best part of my life....
Last Seen: 04 May' 20
Joined On: 04 May' 20
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
I have enjoyed a lot in my college life and this experience
Last Seen: 07 Feb' 20
Joined On: 22 Mar' 18
Education Interest: n/a
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- BA Economics Hons
Questions related to PWC Patna
hii mai rubi mujhe patna womens college me b.com. admission lena h iske liye kya krna hoga
Admission for BCom in Patna Women's College is done via PUCET(Patna University Common Entrance Test) conducted by the college, further followed by Interview and Counselling.
Eligibility; Candidates needs to have passed 10+2 in Commerce with 45% or those with 10+2 with Science/ Arts needs to have 50% marks in aggregate in order to appear for the entrance test.
hey mam,patna womens collage me ug ka admission kab hoga avi form fill ho sakta hai kya
The dates for the release of ug courses application form 2020 has not been announced yet but tentatively, the will be released by the 2nd week of may and only then can one apply for the ug courses. Right now, you cannot fill the form as they are not available.
you can keep yourself updated on various details by visiting the college's official site:
All the best!
i want to know about 1st merit list cutoff in JD womens collage patna
J.D. Ladies' College, set up in 1971, is a general degree ladies' schools in Patna, Bihar. It is associated to Patliputra University and offers college classes in science and expressions.
The school offers UG courses in Computer, Arts, Management and Science and PG courses in Computer, Management, and Arts.
The school additionally offers Intermediate courses for HSC pass understudies, Add-on courses and Community College courses are likewise given by the College.
All the UG courses are of 3 years span and PG courses are of 2 years length with the exception of MCA which is of 3 years term.
For all the UG and PG courses, up-and-comers ought to have passed the passing assessment within any event half (55% for MA).
Applicants applying for the MBA course need to show up for any of the MAT/XAT/CAT/CMAT and dependent on the scores got, the up-and-comers will be shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants are required the GD and Interview round.
Candidates applying for the MCA course needs to show up for the JDMCACET passageway test directed by the JD Women's school itself. Shortlisted applicants have required the GD and meeting round.
10+2 comparable with at least half stamps (45% for SC/ST). The determination depends on the legitimacy rundown arranged based on the signs of the candidates in HSC. Passed HSC in any order with half stamps with English as a necessary subject. Passed HSC in any order with half stamps.
Can we change our subject in patna womens college?
I would suggest you to contact the college as They can help you about that you can change the subject or not. It also depends on the eligibility of the programme.
What is the minimum cut off of PWC to get admission in B.sc biology?
Considering b.sc biology , will it be bsc botany or bsc zoology u prefer.?For either it will be,50% minimum cutoff in the main subjects including mathematics and biology in your class 12 alone.I hope you will be able to get enrolled much easily.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 31 Dec 2023 ; CGPA : 3.58