PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore was established in the year 1947. The institute is also known as PSGCASC. The institute is affiliated to Bharathiar University and is an autonomous institution. PSGCASC is approved by All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi and is recognised by the University Grants Commission. PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students.
Avinashi Road, PSG CAS, Civil Aerodrome Post, Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu. Pilamedu Railway Station is around 5 km away from the college. Coimbatore International Airport is approximately 3 km away and Ondipudur Bus Depot is around 8 km away from the college. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- PSGCAS is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
The institute has the following collaborations:
- University ,Westminster,
- United Kingdom University of Wyoming, USA
- Munster university of Applied Science, Germany
- Rutgers University, New Jersey
- Ibrahim Cecen University, AGRI, Turkey
- NorthWest A&F University China
- TCS Chen.
- TVS Motors
- Rajshree Sugars and Chemicals. Ltd
- Wadhwani Operating Foundation (WOF)
- National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), Bengaluru
- Gloshipping & Logistics Private Limited, Chenna
- NIFT TEA, Tirupur,
- CODISSIA, Coimbatore
- Madhura Agro
- Process Pvt Ltd Coimbatore,
- Vocon Manufacturing Pvt Ltd, Tirupur,
- PSR & Sons, Coimbatore,
- ROOTS Group of Companies
- COINDIA, Coimbatore
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
Muthamil Manram: This Association promotes the culture, heritage and knowledge treasures of Muthamil Manram, Tamil Literature and helps the students to become powerful intellectually.
Rotaract Club: It provides an opportunity for young men and women to serve the community and develop themselves.
Thinkers’ Association: This Club of the college gives a platform to exercise the freedom of expression on various political, social, cultural and economic concerns.
Nila Mutram: This Club of PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore enhances the knowledge of the students and is a knowledge sharing platform for the students.
Youth Red Cross: The vision of the Youth Red Cross is to become a leading humanitarian organization serving vulnerable people. The members of the club regularly take part in the various events and promote humanitarian services in society.
SRISHTI (Forum For Women): This Club is for the empowerment of women and encourages them to participate in various events for bringing for their potential.
Science Forum: The Science Forum of PSGCAS College has members interested in gaining scientific knowledge and promote interest in the field of science and helps in increasing the scientific knowledge amongst students.
Third Hand Club: This Club is for Special Candidates that organises various activities such as photography, arts, crafts, etc in order to enhance their skills.
Eco Club: The members of this Club make continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connect with the society and communities at large.
Dramatics Club: The Dramatics Club of the college is for theatre and dramatics enthusiasts.This club consists of actors and performers. It organises events like street plays, stage plays etc.
Deep Focus Movie Club: This Club utilises the medium of cinema in order to give exposure to the students in Indian and Global Heritage and Culture.
Dance Crew: Dance club is responsible for organising all the dance events at PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore. It organises dance events in many forms.
Face Club: Forum for Active Campus Endeavours focuses on holistic development of students and enhances their analytical and critical thinking skills and helps in becoming a responsible citizen.
Yoga Forum: This club promotes Yoga and focuses on the physical fitness of people along with having a peaceful mind.
Aram Forum: This Club of PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore imbibes values in the younger generation and inculcates values in them.
Music Club: This Club provides an opportunity for students to excel in the field of music and has a complete orchestra and audio equipment for music lovers.
Planning Forum: This Club focuses on proper and strategic planning and utilising the renewable, non-renewable and space resources in a planned way for optimum utilisation.
Innopreneurs Club: This cell provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas and helps the students to become successful entrepreneurs.
CII & E: This centre of PSGASC conducts and organises various seminars, workshops and events for the students to enhance their innovative skills and entrepreneurship skills of the students.
RFU (NTS): The National Testing Forum focuses on the analytical skills and problem-solving skills and also helps the students in improving their language proficiency in order to prepare them for competitive examinations.
Line Light Club: This forum enhances the reading experience of the book lovers and they discuss different books and reviews them.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 1.87 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
- Total Fees: 1.57 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
- Total Fees: 1.57 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
- Total Fees: 1.87 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 20 Feb 2021 and the score is 3.62 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of the college.
- A cut-off list will be released for different candidates.
- Aspiring candidates have to meet the cutoff requirement.
- Candidates meeting the cutoff requirement will be shortlisted.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of merit, institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for CET (Common Eligibility Test) conducted by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- Based on the marks secured in CET, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission on the basis of merit, university level document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
PG [3 Years Program(s)]
PSGCAS has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Conference/ Seminar/Meeting Halls: The Conference/ Seminar/Meeting Halls of the institute is used for conducting various activities, programmes, functions, guest lectures and workshops for the students.
- Central Research Laboratory: The institution has a laboratory for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. The laboratory is well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Computer Laboratories: The institute has Computer Laboratories to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
- Communication Laboratory: The communication lab of PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore helps the students to get a command over the English language and helps in the improvement of the communication skills of the students.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
- Book Depot & Reprographic Services: The institute has a Book Depot & Reprographic Services in its premises that has all the books, reference books and study materials of various subjects and provides them at a discounted rate. It also fulfills all the stationery and photocopy requirements of the students of the college.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Canteen: The college has a canteen that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Health Centre: In order to cater to the health centre of the students the institution has a Medical Room which provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostel for boys and girls. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
Best college of Coimbatore
Last Seen: 10 Jun' 20
Joined On: 10 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2014
- M.Sc Computer Science
GOOD COLLEGE IN COIMBATORE
My experience was great here. I would like to do this more..
Last Seen: 21 Apr' 20
Joined On: 08 May' 19
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- B.Com Foreign Trade Self Finance
Questions related to PSGCAS
what is the fees of PSGCAS for bcom accounts and finance
The tuition fees of PSG college of arts and science ,[PSGCAS] for bachelor of commerce (B.com) is 32, 172 rupees for all 3 years.
We wish you good luck for your future!
can I get fees structure of PSGCAS college
Hope you doing well!
I'm providing you a link about PSGCAS college Information and their courses fees structure. Please kindly check below the mentioned link:-
I hope this helpful for you.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 20 Feb 2021 ; CGPA : 3.62